Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Oh no. He's going to start the derby, isn't he?

Maybe he's being taken off in case Ibra doesn't recover from illness. Rather have Rooney start and Rashford come off the bench as an impact sub.

Minimalist

Did barely anything tonight and missed a good chance to take the record. Doubt he'll be starting against Liverpool.

Devil81

Taken off in case Ibra doesn't make the Liverpool game, it was so obvious.

Devil may care

Had a decent chance to break the record and one or two decent touches but largely on the periphery of the game and looked leggy.

m1y2

you can see no one is even searching for him these days, he's so uncomfortable in so many situations.. hope he doesnt start despite not convincing showing from any of our wide players bar mata who played in midfield

wr8_utd

:'(
Arghh. So close to the record with that shot. Will have to wait till the next cup game now.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
A shame he didn't break that record tonight just to be done with it.

I can't see him starting vs Liverpool.

Bwuk

He's not playing against Pool. If Zlatan isn't fit (which he will be - he was rested), it'd be Rashford or Martial through the middle.

wr8_utd

:'(
He's not playing against Pool. If Zlatan isn't fit (which he will be - he was rested), it'd be Rashford or Martial through the middle.
Thought Rashford was the poorest of the lot tonight and played the entire 90 so don't see him playing vs them. If it's not Zlatan I think it'll be Rooney with Mata, Mkhi behind.

AndyJ1985

Starting him against a quick and energetic Liverpool team that won't give him time on the ball would be madness. He shouldn't be anywhere near that match.

HoopsMcCann

Thought he was fine tonight. Not great and certainly not staking a claim to the starting XI (I am the world's biggest fan boy too).

He wasn't dropping deep and seems to be handling his slow exit with professionalism.

Love you, always, Wayne.

Djemba-Djemba

He was invisible in the first half and missed a great chance in the 2nd.

I pray Zlatan is fit for Sunday, if this is the alternative.

dichinero

He is becoming a 1 game per month player. Not gonna get 2 good consecutive games from him

Seanus

Can't see Jose starting him-tonight was Jose's invitation to the record and he missed it Sub on Sunday and will only get on if we are well ahead

Sylar

I think he was brought off with Zlatan in mind, just in case Zlatan cant make Sunday. But yeah, was a poor game from him.

stevoc

Well im 43 so almost.

Would you have preferred me to make names up for the sake of it? Such as Yorke etc?

Nah, i got to 22/23 and realized thats was i was doing so ,bias aside, id have him between 18-25
I thought you might struggle to make a list of 40 players mate, at least you're honest about it.

I don't know if he would make my top ten, but definitely somewhere between 10-20 if i thought about it probably closer to 10 than 20 though. Never mind United's entire history even just in the Fergie era we've had a shit load of world class players when you think about these lists.

stevoc

Hopefully his early departure doesn't mean he's starting at the weekend.

Thought he was poor tonight, doesn't work having him and Mata in the same team, must be either/or.
I don't think he'll start on Sunday, hopefully Ibrahimovic is ok. And yeah Rooney and Mata don't really link up well at all. He's better with pace around him. He links up with Rashford, Martial and Mkhy much better, when he does play it should ideally be with those three.

Sparky10Legend

RvN was a legend but yes he really can't be a bigger legend for this club than Rooney. As for Ronaldo, he had 3 seasons where he was a mixed bag and 3 sensational seasons. He kicked up a fuss and left the club to spend his best years (and 300 goals) elsewhere and yet somehow he's higher up in the list than Rooney
I thought you might struggle to make a list of 40 players mate, at least you're honest about it.

I don't know if he would make my top ten, but definitely somewhere between 10-20 if i thought about it probably closer to 10 than 20 though. Never mind United's entire history even just in the Fergie era we've had a shit load of world class players when you think about these lists.

Yeah I thought it time I had a serious think about the issue, it's one thing not being a players biggest fan but the reality is he WAS a top top player for us for 8 or so years, that deserves some respect.

No he wasn't top 5 in the world at any point, Imo, and the press would have you believe he was a God at one point BUT that's not his fault. The money, that's Stretford and very astute use of timing when a new deal was offered. Does he love our club like many of us do, no, but that's modern day footballers for ya.

Ixion

Pretty much forgot he was even playing last night. I think the only chance he starts on Sunday is if Zlatan is still ill.

Ashley R1+O

He was solid against Hull, very professional experienced performance. But I think having Pogba back highlights a structural issue that Pogba can't really function comfortably with a 9.5 in front of him. He's much more comfortable playing with a deep player physically forcing him forward into the space and on the turn, rather than having to come deep and play two roles.

Odds on for Jose to shuffle Rooney out to the left if Zlatan is back, I think against Liverpool he might be the right option if he doesn't go for Martial (which is a safe option as well).

It will be interesting if Zlatan is actually out and it isn't a smoke screen. I think I'd still lace up Rashers and have Rooney on the left, in general I think we have to play 4-3-3 against Liverpool.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was solid against Hull, very professional experienced performance. But I think having Pogba back highlights a structural issue that Pogba can't really function comfortably with a 9.5 in front of him. He's much more comfortable playing with a deep player physically forcing him forward into the space and on the turn, rather than having to come deep and play two roles.

Odds on for Jose to shuffle Rooney out to the left if Zlatan is back, I think against Liverpool he might be the right option if he doesn't go for Martial (which is a safe option as well).

It will be interesting if Zlatan is actually out and it isn't a smoke screen. I think I'd still lace up Rashers and have Rooney on the left, in general I think we have to play 4-3-3 against Liverpool.
Pogba struggles when Rooney doesn't move he's like a roundabout at 10 nowadays and congests our play. On the left would be ok but Martial is much better and on fire just now.

DDG
Valencia Jones ? Blind
Herrera Carrick Pogba
Myktarin Martial
Zlatan

If Zlatan is not fit then Rashford and if Martial or Myktarin not fit then Mata please.
?= Rojo if fit if not then Smalling
Only got Blind at left back as Darmain is worse and unfortunately Shaw is still out.

TheReligion

Abusive
No one fancy playing Rooney v Liverpool?

He will be extra motivated to break the record and should be firing on all cylinders.

Worth a punt?

dichinero

He will be extra motivated to break the record and should be firing on all cylinders
This is in itself is a concern. It seems like Wayne Rooney seems to be only motivated when something personal is at stake or the media is seriously on his back. He's the captain and does need any extra motivation to turn up cos at this rate he turns up 2 or 3 times a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.