g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Memphis Depay image 7

Memphis Depay Netherlands flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Thought he'd be more relentless than he's been. He plays like he's in gear 1 most of the time and that surprises me somewhat. He's got to be more direct and try things more. He does seem to have good natural offensive movement off the ball in the final third which is a good thing as that probably means he'll put up some good numbers.
It is pre season to be fair. Nobody really turns up the gears.

XdanielredX

Thought he'd be more relentless than he's been. He plays like he's in gear 1 most of the time and that surprises me somewhat. He's got to be more direct and try things more.
It's his second 45 mins for us in a pre season match where all players aren't match fit.... he's hardly going to go balls to the wall.

I'm really excited for this kid.

RooneyLegend

It's his second 45 mins for us in a pre season match where all players aren't match fit.... he's hardly going to go balls to the wall.

Hopefully you're right and he tries to take on his man and make things happen more than he's shown so far.

XdanielredX

Hopefully you're right and he tries to take on his man and make things happen more than he's shown so far.
From what I've seen at PSV and even a few times for us he does like to take people on.

Plus we have to remember, as we have seen with Januzaj, I think the days of our swift incisive counter attacks, running at the defence etc are over.

Van Gaal has a philosophy and that involves keeping possession, not losing the ball stupidly etc

It really doesn't benefit players who run at players such as Januzaj.

Sam

He looks incredibly talented, but doesn't look like a #10 in the slightest.

I hope this is just an experiment, and he's shifted to the wing pronto.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think he is actually a decent Ten, very creative. . great first touch and passing, can go either way, good movement and quality finisher.

For the sake of the side however I think we should utilise him on the wing for now and go 4 3 3. If we don'tbbring in a striker, he'll be a more dangerous 9 than Rooney simply cause he has legs in him and ability to create chances for himself.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I just love the stuff he says to the media. He truly cares and there's no doubt he is motivated as hell to have a great career here.

He has both unbeleivable talent and seemingly equally unbeleivable dedication. A professional like him is destined to reach the top.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

If anything, that shows he's quite mature. No need to go all out in pre-season games and try too hard, he'll have the regular season to do that. It's good that he's pacing himself.

vidic blood & sand

Difficult to judge at the moment with only 90Mins played. Those deft touches remind me a little bit of Berbatov and Cantona, and his occasional off target shooting reminds me a little bit of Ronaldo (2003-2005). He oozes confidence though. So far very impressed, and I think he'll emerge as the buy of the season easily.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I hope LVG won't play in this position for weeks and months only to revert him back to what seems to be his best and most obvious position...

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Expect some blunders/awkward interviews from Memphis in the future, he's had a few in his time at PSV. Media handling isn't his strong point and neither is the english language. Luckily he doesn't seem to care about what the media think of him ('I rather let my feet speak') so we can laugh at it, he does care about fans. He doesn't post extremely stupid stuff on his twitter anymore so he is improving/got told off too many times luckily.

Ole90+3

Good to see our new man settling in.

Doesn't look like he is short of confidence, and that is exactly what we need.

Hopefully that can rub off on some of the other youngsters.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Do we think he'll be a starter from the off?

Admittedly I'm asking this from a fantasy football angle! :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Haha wait for the Barca game tomorrow, if he starts in that and puts in a performance then I would expect we will see him on day 1.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Haha wait for the Barca game tomorrow, if he starts in that and puts in a performance then I would expect we will see him on day 1.
Yeah, good point. Tomorrow's game should give us a better idea about LVG's thinking on him, the midfield three, etc

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I think so. He's physically really strong and fast so he'll be ready that way, and on the ball he's really talented and has shown that and maturity on the pitch, not wasting or rushing things on the ball. He gives us something our other wingers don't, specifically his goal threat and his pace/strength so for that reason I can see him being one of the first names on the team sheet more often then not this season, right from the off.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
For those who've watched him regularly...is he better on the left or as a #10?
Well since he's played on the left about 98% of the times in his carreer I'd say he's best there. Van Gaal might see him as a 10 or 9 though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I can't get over how much of a tank he is yet so quick. His shoulders are massive.

Devil may care

Caf shippers. :houllier:

I hope we get to see him play from the left of a front 3, I don't know why LvG would want to convert him to a #10 right off the bat, hopefully it's just a pre-season experiment.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Definitely not IMO.
He's very likely to start the game against Spurs. LVG said he will most likely go with tomorrow's lineup for the new season and apparently during today's training session Shaw, Darmian, Jones, Blind; Schneiderlin, Carrick; Mata, Young, Depay and Rooney were training together.

Status
Not open for further replies.