RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
This is a great deal for Liverpool. Sell Coutinho, buy Southampton.

barmyarmy

one of them said last week Hendo was playing like Pirlo in their last game
:lol:

Our fans never make such comments even if one of them do make these sort of comment they would be hundreds to wake him from his dreams. There isn't a single sensible poster at RAWK?

Last edited:

Trizy

Not RAWK, but from a friend of a friend on FB. The delusion is alive and well even here in America. (he probably posts on RAWK with that logic)

On dear god.. I dunno if this is bait but I just got caught.. No favoritism shown to Barca below, they too are a club of cnuts.

1. Liverpool are not even half as big as Barcelona.
2. Using the league as a pro, ok but it's not like they ever win the fecking thing.
3. It's not Madrid he's going to.
4. So are Barcelona.
5. Thanks to United the Liverpool vs United game is so popular. Same with Chelsea, City, Spurs, Arsenal vs United.
6. Your fans are a bunch of cnuts, just like Barcelonas.
7. More famous stadium than the biggest in Europe? Ok mate...
8. Gave a chance to a highly rated player when bought was good enough to walk into the staring XI? :confused:
9. What the feck does this mean?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
On dear god.. I dunno if this is bait but I just got caught.. No favoritism shown to Barca below, they too are a club of cnuts.

2. Using the league as a pro, ok but it's not like they ever win the fecking thing.
4. So are Barcelona.
5. Thanks to United the Liverpool vs United game is so popular. Same with Chelsea, City, Spurs, Arsenal vs United.
8. Gave a chance to a highly rated player when bought was good enough to walk into the staring XI? :confused:
Ironically regarding no.9 the guy who was head of EA, Xbox and Sega President is now CEO of Liverpool.

Fener1907

Is it true there are really Liverpool fans deluded enough to think a South American player would rather live in Liverpool, compared to Barcelona and play with the likes of mighty Henderson over Messi and Suarez if he had a chance to move?

Delusion in the extreme.
That's where they sound a bit simple. When has it not been that way? It's bizarre to expect a South American to want to stay in England if there is something similar or better in a culture that's far closer to that of his own. They always rabbit on about the community of Liverpool and how the players really feel that, but they're fighting a losing battle in that Barcelona (and Spain in general) has a lot to offer him that they never will.

It's also ridiculous how attached they still seem to be to players in 2017. Stop showing unbridled loyalty to overpaid idiots and you won't be disappointed.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance

4. So are Barcelona.
In regards to point 3, technically Liverpool are not in the Champions League. They have the opportunity to qualify...

Sultan

The lesser clubs sell their best players to bigger clubs. Happens every season. Liverpool can only delay the inevitable, similar to United with Ronaldo. That would likely mean Barca would move on, Coutinho would not get his dream move, and Liverpool will never have a chance to make 100 Million.

PS: I wouldn't be surprised if Barca or Madrid come calling for Pogba if he has a good few seasons. If not, the club will have to pay Neymar equivalent salaries.

TheBiggest

The lesser clubs sell their best players to bigger clubs. Happens every season. Liverpool can only delay the inevitable, similar to United with Ronaldo. That would likely mean Barca would move on, Coutinho would not get his dream move, and Liverpool will never have a chance to make 100 Million.

PS: I wouldn't be surprised if Barca or Madrid come calling for Pogba if he has a good few seasons. If not, the club will have to pay Neymar equivalent salaries.

BOTH Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign Pogba last season, but he preferred Old Trafford.

Sultan

BOTH Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign Pogba last season, but he preferred Old Trafford.
I don't believe most of the soundbites coming out of players after a move. Generally money talks. Watch our favourite super agent Mino Raiola rinse the club in time. If Pogba or any other player decides to stay, only then I will believe he came to United as a matter of choice.

TheBiggest

I don't believe most of the soundbites coming out of players after a move. Generally money talks. Watch our favourite super agent Mino Raiola rinse the club in time. If Pogba or any other player decides to stay, only then I will believe he came to United as a matter of choice.

But both Barca and Real admitted they tried to sign the player.

TheBiggest

Barcelona's Ariedo Braida said: "We know Pogba, he is a player who proved to be very strong and, for a while, Barcelona were interested, but clearly the dynamics changed and once the figures reached a certain point, we were no longer interested."

Real's Zidan said:"We were in talks to sign him (Pogba)."

Pogba said: "I could also have joined Real Madrid or Barcelona, who were interested in signing me. But I chose to return to United because I followed my heart."

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Barca and Real were clearly in for Pogba. You'd have to be pretty naive to think it was his heart that led him here rather than his wallet though. Which is absolutely fine as far as I'm concerned. We don't have the same advantages as Real/Barca so should certainly be willing to pay more if we want to secure a top talent.

Luckily for us, Liverpool don't have that option.

Sultan

But both Barca and Real admitted they tried to sign the player.
Barcelona's Ariedo Braida said: "We know Pogba, he is a player who proved to be very strong and, for a while, Barcelona were interested, but clearly the dynamics changed and once the figures reached a certain point, we were no longer interested."

Pogba said: "I could also have joined Real Madrid or Barcelona, who were interested in signing me. But I chose to return to United because I followed my heart."
Obviously, every club in the world would be interested in signing Pogba. Like I said in my previous post the bottom line is United were prepared to pay more money compared to other clubs.

EyeInTheSky

Reported for facts

Addled

The lesser clubs sell their best players to bigger clubs. Happens every season. Liverpool can only delay the inevitable, similar to United with Ronaldo. That would likely mean Barca would move on, Coutinho would not get his dream move, and Liverpool will never have a chance to make 100 Million
I think that was the case in the past however now money talks as was seen in Neymars move from Barca.
If Real or Barca or Burnley for that matter want a player and they are prepared to pay then it will happen. There are very few players who will stay with a club out of a sense of loyalty. There are a few but a very small few.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes

Exactly. Joe Allen would never have got his move to stoke last year if it was any different.

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins

But their fans know this because that's what they're saying about Saints and van dick!
They must be the most hated fans in the country, surely.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
In regards to point 3, technically Liverpool are not in the Champions League. They have the opportunity to qualify...
I brought that point up to him and he used the CL logo is displayed and that the music plays as his reasons for believing it's actually the CL. I asked him if the World Cup Qualifiers are the World Cup, and he went on about false equivalence. Unreal. It's called CL Qualification as in you play to qualify for CL. I don't know how to explain simple English to him.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

4. So are Barcelona.
It was in response to a more reasonable Liverpool fan's (who's my actual FB friend) post about Coutinho's transfer saga.

montpelier

I brought that point up to him and he used the CL logo is displayed and that the music plays as his reasons for believing it's actually the CL. I asked him if the World Cup Qualifiers are the World Cup, and he went on about false equivalence. Unreal. It's called CL Qualification as in you play to qualify for CL. I don't know how to explain simple English to him.
some use of the word ''divvy'' maybe?

Parry Gallister

Prematch
I have a good feeling about this one.

I have every confidence in my belief that this season will denote a seismic shift in our fanbase, back to the old days where they will see with their own eyes what a revolutionary coach we have at the helm who will blend youthful exuberance with pace and plain old arl arsey that takes us to the pinnacle of the English game and Europe this year and next
:houllier:

In response to some worrying

Watford FFS........................................we have Klopp in charge now

It'll be an easy game because they have bad footballers and we have good ones. You're welcome.

Pull ye knickers up and grow a pair ffs

We`ve got Jurgen Klopp leading a squad of players that is better than Watford`s squad of players.

It`s simple.

This all day.

We'll show what we are made of today.

About 7 nil, I reckon. Come on reds.

At last!!

Only a few hours to go now!

Come on you Mighty Red Machine!!

0-6 Liverpool. Easy Peasy.

Halftime - Reality hits

Well that was shit.

Same problems as last season.

Surprise.

Lovren and Moreno are definitely good enough for where we want to be.
Let's start with our captain shall we. Not a dig, but unfortunately he's just not good enough.

Henderson if anyone. Absolute passenger that half, a defensive mid that can't tackle is absurd.

I know it's only the 1st half of the 1st game of the season but fk me does this feel like deja vu. I'm think also starting to lose faith in Klopp.
The defending under Klopp is fecking terrible, im sorry but he needs to sort this shit out asap.

Mignolet Lovren Moreno

Klopp has had 4 windows yet they are still starting..

It's all on him I'm afraid.

SIGN SOME feckING PLAYERS

Henderson is not a sitting mid at this level. You can't let your man go like that off a simple give and go. It's basics. I've always said I'd honestly still have Lucas there. That position is about IQ. You can't have someone playing there who struggles speaking in full sentences.

At least we have our shit tactics to distract from our shit transfer window

Whether we win today or not, this HT thread may go down in legend given the extent of the meltdown. Well done to those who have made it so special.

This is a game they are actually winning :lol:

Last edited:

The Bloody-Nine

Minus the ridiculous optimism etc. Our football forums are pretty negative but pretty realistic in terms of ambition. Anyway, think you are missing the point of this thread.
I'm not talking about the football forums (though they can be bad). Go and look at one of our match day threads. They are appalling and easily the equal of what you posted.

Plenty of things on RAWK to laugh at but when it comes to match day threads, we're in no position to throw stones.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'm not talking about the football forums (though they can be bad). Go and look at one of our match day threads. They are appalling and easily the equal of what you posted.

Plenty of things on RAWK to laugh at but when it comes to match day threads, we're in no position to throw stones.
Yeah ours is actually worse. Wish we'd can them.

Either way the top thread on RAWK now is "Simon mignolet is boss".

Current replies "He's so not and never has been or ever will ...."

Status
Not open for further replies.