RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
strangely cutting from Harry. Usually its fantastic this, fantastic that. Quite refreshing I guess.

Also, why are they so obsessed with the transfer fee of Martial? Pages of debate and demand for official proof of fee and add ons, they're more bothered about it than we are
They're desperate for the Carroll transfer to no longer be the yardstick for laughably bad deals. If the Martial deal is structured as has been alleged, it's really not so bad and they lose a horse in the Morality Cup

Vanrouge

Not RAWK, but for anyone who goes on the Guardian's comment sections, there's been a Liverpool fan going by the name zealouslethargy who's made well over two hundred comments on United threads in the last two days. He seems to be almost apoplectic with loathing for us. It's quite funny to watch a man (okay, a Scouser) disintegrate like that.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Not RAWK, but for anyone who goes on the Guardian's comment sections, there's been a Liverpool fan going by the name zealouslethargy who's made well over two hundred comments on United threads in the last two days. He seems to be almost apoplectic with loathing for us. It's quite funny to watch a man (okay, a Scouser) disintegrate like that.
In RAWK-logic he's the best deal ever, he didn't cost them £35million, they got paid £15million to buy him.

clarkydaz

Now debating how much we lost in the DiMaria saga, even arguing about the £/Euro conversions. My favourite part someone has made up Madrid take a cut from the PSG money

but some even say that Madrid had a clause in Di Maria's contract based on which they get 10% from his next sale. If that is true, Man Utd got only 40m pounds, and their loss is on the order of 15-20m pounds on him
:lol:

what's wrong with them!? :houllier:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Now debating how much we lost in the DiMaria saga, even arguing about the £/Euro conversions. My favourite part someone has made up Madrid take a cut from the PSG money

:lol:

what's wrong with them!? :houllier:
Yeah and conveniently they would forget that our purchase price of £59.7m wasn't paid up front - it most probably had clauses in etc - hence the "sell on clause" for instance.

HabeasC

There's a massive difference between Carroll and Martial purely on the basis that we can afford to spunk that money on him, even if he does not turn into the player we hope he will whereas they spent a large part of the £50m from the Torres sale on Carroll and would not have been able to afford him otherwise. He was supposed to be the replacement for a world class striker whereas Martial is a teenager who we bought for his potential.

Von Mistelroum

There's a massive difference between Carroll and Martial purely on the basis that we can afford to spunk that money on him, even if he does not turn into the player we hope he will whereas they spent a large part of the £50m from the Torres sale on Carroll and would not have been able to afford him otherwise. He was supposed to be the replacement for a world class striker whereas Martial is a teenager who we bought for his potential.
In a few years they'll see that there's an enormous difference. They're going to hate him so it's good that they've started already.

Hammerfell

So will RAWK ever open up its registration again? It is ridiculous that for the entirety of this year you havent been able to register. How do you expect a forum to grow and attract new posters who can foster debate?
Debate is the last thing they want, they're more than happy being a venomous echo chamber. They've been particularly vehement since the De Gea transfer fell through. They were looking forward to him leaving because of how many points he's worth and the thought of him playing at his best for another season and possibly signing a new contract must be galling for them.

Danillaco

This has been posted before Im sure but it always cracks me up :lol:

This is just gold over and over.

I always laugh so much looking at the twat guy, the rise from the grave guy, and the guy with a stroke. There are so many new things every time I look at it. :lol:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
This is just gold over and over.

I always laugh so much looking at the twat guy, the rise from the grave guy, and the guy with a stroke. There are so many new things every time I look at it. :lol:
You laugh at people who may have had a stroke? What a cnut you are.

NoPace

I understand that, but its fcking pointless having a forum then isn't it? I know there a bunch of miserable sods but what happens if theres a young Pool fan trying to register in the vein of the next PoP, Johnno, Andy. Don't we need that in our lives?
I went to look at what their fans thought of Markovic going on loan and it was impossible to find. They basically just kill discussion over there.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Before that Harry Redknapp thread was closed, there were a few of them saying how our squads and their's are more or less equal. Really?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Before that Harry Redknapp thread was closed, there were a few of them saying how our squads and their's are more or less equal. Really?
Both PL squads for comparison (pretty much no chance of Valdes, Varela and Enrique playing... no idea about Flanagan, apparently he's in Qatar right now):

David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Sam Johnstone, Victor Valdes;
Matteo Darmian, Antonio Valencia, Guillermo Varela, Daley Blind, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Paddy McNair, Luke Shaw;
Michael Carrick, Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini, Andreas Pereira, Sean Goss, Memphis Depay, Juan Mata, Ashley Young, Jesse Lingard;
Wayne Rooney, Anthony Martial, James Wilson;

Simon Mignolet, Adam Bogdan;
Nathaniel Clyne, Jon Flanagan, Kolo Toure, Dejan Lovren, Martin Skrtel, Mamadou Sakho, Joe Gomez, Alberto Moreno, Jose Enrique;
Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Lucas Leiva, Emre Can, Joe Allen, Jordan Rossiter, Joao Teixeira, Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino, Adam Lallana, Jordon Ibe;
Daniel Sturridge, Christian Benteke, Danny Ings, Divock Origi;

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I won't go into details as to why I think they're talking rubbish saying we've got similar squads but one very big thing we've got going for us is we're better organised defensively. Defence, in my opinion is the single most important thing to get right in a football team. Just ask the Pool fans who were there at Crystanbul.

hobbers

I would pick a grand total of two Liverpool players from their squad that would improve ours, and no prizes for guessing who. But one is a permacrock.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I won't go into details as to why I think they're talking rubbish saying we've got similar squads but one very big thing we've got going for us is we're better organised defensively. Defence, in my opinion is the single most important thing to get right in a football team. Just ask the Pool fans who were there at Crystanbul.
And even that season it was the attacking that led to the title challenge and a really strong season. Over the past two seasons Liverpool have conceded pretty much the same but one season almost won the league and the other came 6th.

To me that indicates that 'getting the defence right' is possibly not the most important thing. Get your attack right, score goals and you become a threat and start to challenge.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This has been posted before Im sure but it always cracks me up :lol:

Is this for real? A man waking up, the man touching his eyes, the other guy who make that sneer as if he just pissed himself.....it looks like some Charlie Chaplin film

montpelier

I like the ''Mysterious Appearing Man'' & next door ''Who's Done That On the Floor Bloke'' the best.

montpelier

10,000 spoons the 2nd half of this one

Incredible how United fans still think they've come out better. Interesting case-study in how football bias clouds the mind.