g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Meanwhile, at The Liverpool Way forum...

Poll: Favorite Thread in Which to Slam Rodgers?

*Backing the manager (4 votes [9.76%])
*What's going on with Sakho? (2 votes [4.88%])
*For a manager who always favours 4-3-3 at start of a season... (1 votes [2.44%])
*Where are we all now with Brendan? (3 votes [7.32%] )
*Does Rodgers deserve another season? (16 votes [39.02%])
*Match Thread - Pick one (6 votes [14.63%])
*Cheese - how amazing is it? (9 votes [21.95%])

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't understand their obsession with the FSW. Sure, he won them a couple of trophies, but he was never going to get any better, was he? Do Liverpool fans honestly think they'd have done better than a 2nd place finish and a Carling cup (that they achieved w/o Rafa) had Rafa still been managing them? Surely they are not that delusional?
Tbf 1 champions league win, another final and finishing 2nd is a new hope for them. Considering where they are before him. And it's not like they move on to a better pasture with kenny, roy, and brenda

Phurry

Furry Fecker
I don't think we have an average team at all. Benteke-Sturridge-Coutinho-Firmino-Henderson-Milner is at the very least a top 4 challenging team. Even at the back, Clyne-Sakho-Gomez-Moreno should be good enough to contain all but Man City and Arsenal at a stretch.

Then you get to backups like Lallana, Ibe, Ings, Origi, Markovic, Lucas, Can. That's a stronger squad on paper than we've had in years.
Problem is the manager has other ideas about how to get the best out of this squad and they're clearly not working.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I'm going to answer this in a RAWK style:

The esteemed film critic David Thomson once said of Orson Welles, who had wasted away his gifts after precocious beginnings: "He was never happier than when looking back affectionately at his early promise."

And that's like us with Rafa.

Wishful thinking balms the open wound of failure; the ever-present bittersweet 'what if...?' is more palatable than our moribund reality. Yea, though we walk alone through the Valley of Death by Football - the past behind us, the present uncertain - we continue to hope that a golden sky of big f*ck-off future awaits us at the end of our weary

journey.

And that's a fact, as a great man once said.

Rafa.

Benitez.

Blub.
:lol:

montpelier

The esteemed film critic David Thomson once said of Orson Welles, who had wasted away his gifts after precocious beginnings: "He was never happier than when looking back affectionately at his early promise."

Wishful thinking balms the open wound of failure; the ever-present bittersweet 'what if...?' is more palatable than our moribund reality. Yea, though we walk alone through the Valley of Death by Football - the past behind us, the present uncertain - we continue to hope that a golden sky of big f*ck-off future awaits us at the end of our weary

journey.

Rafa.

Benitez.

Blub.
''the Valley of Death by Football''

:lol: :lol: :lol:

all totally brilliant AND almost indistinguishable from the real

thing.

Love. It.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
More from TLW:

Sacking a manager after three defeats? Are you drunk?

No, we should sack Rodgers after +3 trophyless seasons, for wasting £250m, valueable funds that could fund a whole new stadium, funds that were generated mostly by selling quality players (e.g. Suarez, Sterling) and cutting the wage bill, we should sack Rodgers for being overall incompetent, for being clueless in the defensive side of the game, for replacing Reina with Mignolet, Suarez with nothing, for Agger's, Sakho's, Illory's treatment.

We should sack Rodgers for his pathetic comments about providing Gerrard with the opportunity to have a standing ovation at the Bridge of C*nts, for shitting in his pants every time he sees or hears the Portuguese shapeshifter, for his briefings about Sterling's texts, after the Jamaican pony pissed all over the club; we should sack Rodgers for being incapable to SHUT the feck up.

We should sack Rodgers for being a useless, overrated fraudster, a YESman. feck off Rodgers. feck off Rodgers.
Reading between the lines I get a feeling through the subtle undertones of what people are saying that we should think about a new manager as the current one isn't quite cutting it. Now don't kick off - it's just the impression I get.
You're on to something there.

Fellainis Nutmeg

Quote from: RossoBianchi on Today at 10:17:16 AM
If I was a Liverpool supporter, I'd be less concerned with the actual result and more aggrieved at having a manager with no bollocks. We're not a great team; a good, functional one that is still evolving, but not a great one and lesser sides than Liverpool have come to Old Trafford, had a go, and got something.
Reply:
as for Rodgers bollocks, those will probably be the property of his ex wife soon

Oh look, the good old manc mate makes an appearance again to prove their point:lol:
My mate who's a match going Manc texted at half time to say how unimpressed he was and all around him people were on the verge of turning on Van Gaal. If beating us make you think it's all rosy good on you.

I think you'll actually do ok in Europe because he's obsessed with controlling games but hardly think you're in for a stellar season.
Cantona called him out for above post as BS, so he posted back the text he recieved from his "manc mate"
One of the worst halves of United - Liverpool I've ever had the displeasure to watch. I can't remember both of us being as poor at the same time ever. We're fecking dismal and one reason stands out. We don't have a centre forward on the pitch. And why, because Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal decided to ship out Falcao, RVP, Hernandez, Januzaj and Wilson. The mind boggles at the sheer ineptitude of Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal. The crowd around me are turning here. We're watching dire football and is this really what we can expect from a year of bedding in and adhering to Van Gaals "philosophy" It's pathetic

Wasn't this match yesterday?

Typical Manc's gloating about their history...
Your shite, were worse. Although please continue to delude yourself otherwise.
(Benteke's goal) Was only real bit of top class quality in game.

Most of them are not impressed by Martial's goal:
Quote from: HighSix on Today at 04:15:24 PM
Saw Martials goal again on MOTD after two weeks of being compared to Henry its ridiculous how similar to him that goal was.
one semi competent 1v1 defender and that goal doesn't happen.
We can all do an Henry if the defender backs off and off and off and off.....

IF and its a huge if they finish second shows you how dreadful this league is. Arsenal are far more likely for second spot.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

journey.

Rafa.

Benitez.

Blub.
:lol: Ffs

prath92

Sakho isn't even that good. He is better than lovren sure but he is someone who often forces mistakes from his own teammates. People act as if he is pique in the making.

Brightonian

The 'United doing well shows how bad this league is' chestnut is a favourite of mine, because it invariably comes up when they are mired somewhere mid-table. And they never ever see the irony.

Brightonian

I don't think we have an average team at all. Benteke-Sturridge-Coutinho-Firmino-Henderson-Milner is at the very least a top 4 challenging team. Even at the back, Clyne-Sakho-Gomez-Moreno should be good enough to contain all but Man City and Arsenal at a stretch.

Then you get to backups like Lallana, Ibe, Ings, Origi, Markovic, Lucas, Can. That's a stronger squad on paper than we've had in years.
Problem is the manager has other ideas about how to get the best out of this squad and they're clearly not working.
Chriiiist. I'm not sure that back four is even in the top ten in the league. Really, really awful.

Benteke-Sturridge-Coutinho makes for a decent-looking front three, but still probably not top four quality. Everton's Lukaku-Naismith-Barkley is about it's equal, for example.

clarkydaz

just showcasing the manc mate at the game thing from above;
One of the worst halves of United - Liverpool I've ever had the displeasure to watch. I can't remember both of us being as poor at the same time ever. We're fecking dismal and one reason stands out. We don't have a centre forward on the pitch. And why, because Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal decided to ship out Falcao, RVP, Hernandez, Januzaj and Wilson. The mind boggles at the sheer ineptitude of Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal. The crowd around me are turning here. We're watching dire football and is this really what we can expect from a year of bedding in and adhering to Van Gaals "philosophy" It's pathetic
Someone at old Trafford supposedly sent this to a scouser at half time? desperation hits a new low :lol:. Up there with losing an argument with their made up mate

Phurry

Furry Fecker

Someone at old Trafford supposedly sent this to a scouser at half time? desperation hits a new low :lol:. Up there with losing an argument with their made up mate
His mate is probably Jonno.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I did not know where to put this.
It's bonkers that an ex-professional footballer (and he's not the only one peddling this noise) expected Anthony Martial to start. A 19 year old who has been training with the squad for 3 days prior to this fixture, to start in a game of such magnitude as United vs Liverpool?

Even the BBC was pushing this on their live feed yesterday. They're right though, aren't they? A teenager who doesn't speak a jot of English, who has only trained with his team mates for a few hours in total, didn't just waltz in to the starting line up in one of the biggest games in world football. Despicable. Van Gaal is mental. United are in turmoil. No identity. Embarrassing.

:houllier:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The Lawro comment asking about where Macheda is strikes me as odd.

Similar ages, but the rest is completely different.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The 'United doing well shows how bad this league is' chestnut is a favourite of mine, because it invariably comes up when they are mired somewhere mid-table. And they never ever see the irony.
They proclaim about how they are a bigger team than us, but for more than a decade now they have been routinely second best to "one of the worst United team in years"..It says a lot about them to be honest..

Fellainis Nutmeg

RAWK said:
Mata's very good, but limited. Depay looks talented, but also looks like he'll take a while to find consistency. Don't know enough about Martial to comment. Beyond them, the rest of their attacking options are Europa League tier - including Rooney.

Minimalist

To be fair, is that really that wild to say?

Rooney has been shocking. Fellaini isn't a striker. Wilson hasn't had an impact as yet.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

A redressing of balance, a restoring of natural order. Liverpool were in the ascension, United in a tailspin. That fabled perch, from which Liverpool flew from a quarter of a century previous, was back in sight.
By Kristen Walsh of the Liverpool Echo on their 3-0 win at Old Trafford in the Moyes season. They genuinely believed that the natural order had changed. The delusion.

A lot of you may not be familiar with the name of Kristen, but believe me you have seen his face before.:lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

By Kristen Walsh of the Liverpool Echo on their 3-0 win at Old Trafford in the Moyes season. They genuinely believed that the natural order had changed. The delusion.

A lot of you may not be familiar with the name of Kristen, but believe me you have seen his face before.:lol:
I know the name too, as it's the same guy that made all this shit up about Evra, and when called on it called it a "social experiment" or some such shit.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It's bonkers that an ex-professional footballer (and he's not the only one peddling this noise) expected Anthony Martial to start. A 19 year old who has been training with the squad for 3 days prior to this fixture, to start in a game of such magnitude as United vs Liverpool?

Even the BBC was pushing this on their live feed yesterday. They're right though, aren't they? A teenager who doesn't speak a jot of English, who has only trained with his team mates for a few hours in total, didn't just waltz in to the starting line up in one of the biggest games in world football. Despicable. Van Gaal is mental. United are in turmoil. No identity. Embarrassing.

:houllier:
I guess there's a reason why they are pundits, rather than being employed in football for their knowledge and expertise.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
To be fair, is that really that wild to say?

Rooney has been shocking. Fellaini isn't a striker. Wilson hasn't had an impact as yet.
It is not, it is also not an insult either. By excluding the three strongest players of United in terms of either current ability or potential, the poster admitted that United is superior to what Pool have, because Pool is by definition Europa league tier. The guy should also look what kind of teams play EL this season before using it as a downgrade...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

It would have plausible if it wasn't for the "Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal", only Liverpool fans say that.

Fellainis Nutmeg

RAWK Jesus Rafa's worshippers are furious at Stevie Lad on his comments abut Rafa

RAWK said:
The state of Steven on Rafa's time. I mean must be gutting you can't phone him up but at least he more or less made you the world class player you were. But hey, since you CAN talk with the Hodge for example, it must be exhilarating.

Oh and that insecurity of his. Man....
Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre you pair of knobheads
The fecking shithouses in our fanbase who threw him out, feck off. Do you understand what you had now you fecking nobheads
This is his full comment v Ferguson / Utd:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jan/09/rafael-benitez-alex-ferguson-outburst

Muddled? Bitter? Ferguson master of mind fecking games?? You don't have to feel embarrassed for him captain, you just fecked your chances of winning anything major since 2005 with his departure.

It's as calm an assessment of the situation as it gets from Benitez.

Sure, we make some allowance that Gerrard has to sell a book, that his ghostwriting style has always been about blowing up the routine as if he's Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible, still, it's a fecking disgrace what he's allowed them to print there. Not having a go at the press the Liverpool way eh stevie? Tell that to Kenny you fecking sellout.

God, I wish I hadn't seen these comments, straight after the 3-1. If his ghostwritten style is anything like the person he is in real life, Gerrard will never make a manager, regardless of how much smoke you blow up his arse in the other thread, all emotion based. I don't want him anywhere near us.
He rates hodge. That says everything about him
Stevie G talking bollocks there. Loved that from Rafa, and thought it was as Liverpool Way as it should be.
He rates the Hodge and tips Brendan Rodgers to be next England manager. It doesn't seem like he'll have any sort of successful managerial career.
Don`t think it was a "rant" either. It was prepared, not an impulsive thing. I loved it.
Love Stevie G, but on some matters he says things that makes me wonder if he is that bright.
I'm sad for Stevie that he thinks standing up to Ferguson and showing the cancers up for what they were is somehow not the Liverpool Way. And that he thinks Mourinho - the biggest c*nt in world football - should have been our manager.
Exactly. Gerrard don't half talk utter shite when it comes to them. Waaaaa Rafa said some things in public, errr yeah cos he was trying to save the fecking club.
I love our Stevie Lad but his comments about Rafa are unashamedly picked out of shitter with bare hands. Rafa is best manager going around arguably, if not THE best.
The irony of Gerrard who was on Police bail and facing a trial for assault complaining about someone else breaking the focus of the team is hilarious. As for Ferguson saying he had got Rafa well that simply wasn't true if anything it was the other way around Rafa got under Ferguson's skin that much that he diverted United's sport science team from doing their job to go through every transfer Liverpool made under Rafa.
If you give your opinion, you can fully expect others to give their opinions to your opinions. And in most of our opinions, Stevies opinion is horseshit of the strongest type.
I love Gerrard the player but i am sick to death of hearing him carp on now. He must be thick as feck
Well that confirms everything I thought about him. What a coward
Rafa has always been more loyal to Gerrard than Gerrard to Rafa.

Gerrard defenders have worked hard to sanctify him. The truth is he wanted Hodgson over Rafa. He would have preferred Houllier and Mourinho over Rafa. Why? Because they did, or would have, fed his ego more than Rafa did.

Gerrard always talks like he is the voice of LFC. Not in my book. He was always an insecure egotist. He was promoted to Captain too early when LFC had a far better captain in place.
Disappointed in Gerrard with this. He should keep his fecking gob shut, especially given the state that his mate Brendan currently has us in. If only Rodgers had as much balls as Rafa did when he came out with that statement against Mr. Ferguson, maybe we wouldn't be getting bent over by shit sides on what now feels like a weekly basis. Maybe it's the new "Liverpool way", eh?
I'll not hear a bad word against Rafa, he's a fecking hero.

Cantonaaa!

No love for Stevie at RAWK it seems.

Stevie giving the rags a field day to bash Rafa and the club ..
Think he's embarrassing himself with his eagerness to tell tales in this book./QUOTE]

Me too. I'm tired of hearing his voice now. He's massively changed his stance here about being a bit part player and i dont doubt if he'd said i'm happy to be a squad player and help out as needed on the coaching side and take a 100k a week pay cut that the club would have said yes. Instead he plays the retrospective wounded soldier routine.
Sad. Really sad
Does he come clean about his role in replacing Rafa with Hodgson ? No, didn't think he would.

In January, Gerrard said he had zero ntention of being a squad player and was still fit enough to play EVERY game. Now he says he would have been more than happy to do it ?? I cry bullshit - looks like someone has got a book to sell.

Everyone knows he wasn't happy at not playing the away game to Real Madrid - even though, like half team, on his performance in the home leg, he didn't deserve to play - but he is now taking cheap swipes at the current manager about it ??
He can't help himself sometimes..
He's always been a strange character Gerrard.

Just waiting to read the inevitable Hodgson love in and how the fans didn't give him a chance.
I'm surprised he felt the need to say that stuff about Rafa particularly when the "facts" episode distracted considerable attention away from him being up in court. It just feels like he's angry with Rafa for not giving him the arm around the shoulder treatment he was always used to with Houllier.
Did Gerrard want a football manager or a social worker? He's like a big kid at times.
Really not impressed with these stories from Gerrard, all for a silly ghost-written autobiography for the twitter generation.
Agreed, all starting to feel a little petty and lacking in class. I agree with him on the 'facts' but really, why bother ?
Disgraceful from Gerrard.

Was more embarrassing you got away with flooring someone over fecking nothing to be honest.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It would have plausible if it wasn't for the "Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal", only Liverpool fans say that.
That's just their autocorrect, like us with changing Y-N-W-A to YAWN or Liverpool to F*cknuggets.

Minimalist

Never realised how good Benitez was. Could have sworn he was a decent tactician for cup games and nothing much beyond that. You learn something new everyday.

Charlie Foley

Link please :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I've just watched a few videos about the scouse dreamers...... I've never really thought about it before..... All you ever mention is and I quote "5 times" and yes you have won the champions league 5 times..... We "Manchester United" have won it 3 times.... you "the shit fecks who can't boast about anything else " have won it twice more...... hardly a feckin marathon! Need I remind you we have won pretty much EVERY major trophy going including the treble! What's the most you have done in one season????..... ‪#‎nocomparison‬
Unfortunately, we have our own idiot fans...This just popped up on my facebook

U99ted

Tbf 1 champions league win, another final and finishing 2nd is a new hope for them. Considering where they are before him.
I suppose so, but even Houllier managed a 2nd place, FA Cup, UEFA Cup and 2 League Cups.