g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

Jerch

Have been looking for a Rodgers thread on Rawk (couldn't find one) and stumbled on alternative premier league table.

Long story short they are second :houllier::lol:

Fellainis Nutmeg

Everything is fine - They are placed second in their own Alternative Premier League Table, nothing to worry :lol:
RAWKITE said:
As a final point, I do think it's worth casting a glimpse over at the Alternative Premier League Table thread, where we are 2nd, ahead of everyone except for City. All things considered I don't think we've had an apocalyptically bad start to the season that many here suggest we have, and there's reason to be optimistic about the returns of Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana, Allen, and Henderson too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not RAWK but this is awesome:
Sky Sports commentator Martin Tyler seems to have a soft spot for Manchester United which was exposed following his contrasting reactions to Christian Benteke and Anthony Martial’s respective strikes.

Any football fan with an ounce of knowledge would recognise that Benteke’s strike was significantly better than Martial’s clumsy effort, yet Martin Tyler’s commentary certainly didn’t reflect that.

In a period of dominance for us at 2-0 down, Benteke pulled off a goal of the season contender to thump an overhead-kick past David De Gea who was left clutching at thin air.

However, Tyler’s reaction resembled that of a player scoring a tap-in with the goal gaping, especially when one considers his overreaction to Martial’s goal.

While the finish was neat, Manchester United’s new boy relied on a few ricochet’s and Martin Skrtel could’ve also done better to stop Martial before he advanced into the penalty area.

There are certainly more important issues at hand than analysing the voice of a Sky Sports commentator, but you can’t help but notice the obvious bias every time the Red Devils are shown live.
http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/...rs-man-united-bias-exposed-during-commentary/

Last edited:

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It is rather pathetic that they are are more bothered about the commentator than they are about the fact their team is complete wank.

Heine

To be honest, Bentekes strike is (for me) most likely the goal of the season. However, Martials goal meant so much that I believe even neutral fans felt something special there. He's a 19 year old player that every newspaper says we have paid way to much for and he comes on in the "hardest" game of the year (emotional wise) and scores like that. I had a few friends over, several of them non-United fans and even they jumped on the couch then.

Someone should check what the different fans who are now bashing Gerrard wrote in some the threads last year (When everyone wrote about him being the best ever)

Roosney

To be honest, Bentekes strike is (for me) most likely the goal of the season. However, Martials goal meant so much that I believe even neutral fans felt something special there. He's a 19 year old player that every newspaper says we have paid way to much for and he comes on in the "hardest" game of the year (emotional wise) and scores like that. I had a few friends over, several of them non-United fans and even they jumped on the couch then.

Someone should check what the different fans who are now bashing Gerrard wrote in some the threads last year (When everyone wrote about him being the best ever)
What Benteke strike? All I remember is Martialno's brilliant goal.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I didn't want to jinx things during the match thread but Firminio looks very ordinary for £29m. We dodged a bullet there (if we were ever interested, I suspect we were just driving up the price)

Heine

I didn't want to jinx things during the match thread but Firminio looks very ordinary for £29m. We dodged a bullet there (if we were ever interested, I suspect we were just driving up the price)
Never seen much of Firminio, and he has without doubt been underwhelming at Liverpool (They still call him worldclass though) but he might be the kind of player that needs freedom and better players around him to perform

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Everything is fine - They are placed second in their own Alternative Premier League Table, nothing to worry :lol:
It is funny how alternate premier league table is important to them than the actual one. Look at this quote:

Well we can't gain any points from the next two games but hopefully dig out two results at home , then two par one aways ( everton , tottenham ) were hopefully we will have a fully fit squad who will have there confidence boosted by four straight home wins ...two in the league ..one in the league cup and the europa league too, thats my hope anyway

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Not enough quotes!

I love this one :lol:

Results like that should make the ground absolutely shudder. I’d wager that everywhere in the world, fans of international clubs checked the West Ham score and shuddered and shook their heads sadly; the way we would if we saw Milan had lost 3-0 at the San Siro to Calgiari. The footballing world holds Liverpool to a high standard- unfortunately, a higher standard than the football club holds itself. While they shuddered, our club just shrugged their shoulders and moved on.
Dear Liverpool,

Sorry for your loss.

Kind Regards,

The Football World.

Fellainis Nutmeg

Screwed over by the ref again :smirk:
RAWK said:
Hard to create much perhaps, but they didn't create anything - absolutely zero - in the first half. They also only "got their breakthrough" when the referee gave a generous foul when it could easily have gone the other way. Cue a rolled pass, shot and goal - their first shot on target and they still hadn't created any chances.

Then they get a soft penalty from a rash challenge by a kid. Free potshot from 12 yards, their second shot on target and still no chances created.

The third goal would never have been scored if their player wasn't up against a lazy coward like Skrtel, who backs off and backs off and doesn't seem to know how to tackle. So they get a third goal with the first chance they created all match close to the end of the ninety minutes.

It's worth remembering that, poor as Liverpool were, they did actually create chances, the Man Utd goalkeeper had to make genuine saves while Mignolet didn't and Liverpool did have more shots in target - 4 to their 3 (one a teed-up free kick and another a penalty).

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Strange, I thought the ref generally adhered to the first of the two methods usually employed by PL referees - 1) gives almost everything to the away side, so not to seem swayed by the home fans/ 2) gives almost everything to the home side, so their fans don't give him stick.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I love how you can score two goals without actually creating any chances.

prath92

Ref was shit. Lucas could have killed someone and still got away with a warning. Lovren does a cynical foul on Young and wasn't carded.

I also like how the free kick and the were lucky goals. Both were products of class play.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
I can't post any links as a noob but Paddy Power just put up on Facebook their dramatic reading video of RAWK-style overreaction to Saturday's game from Facebook. It's great :lol:

Zoo

The Arsenal fan on there is funny.

Does Skrtel get an assist for the Martial goal?,laid it for him on a plate, and Martin Tyler called it a better goal than Bentekes , mental . That was goal of the season, perfect overhead kick. It won't be topped.
United are decent enough to finish top 4 again, but any team that can pass the ball and deal with fellaini and the long balls would deal with them easily. I think they'll get 4th or possibly third if chelsea keep imploding. Their next inept performance is always round the corner, Liverpool just didn't turn up.
We're so beneath the mighty Arsenal. The last time they finished in the top 2 was in 2005.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
TLW continues on its quest to analyse Liverpool's problems, and comes up with an insightful conclusion:

You are all fecking this great club up, turning the image of Liverpool FC into what can only be described as a dog's dick on a wedding cake.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The Arsenal fan on there is funny.

We're so beneath the mighty Arsenal. The last time they finished in the top 2 was in 2005.
It's staggering the number of my Arsenal fan mates that think they are a much better side than us.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
TLW continues on its quest to analyse Liverpool's problems, and comes up with an insightful conclusion:
if i had a pound for every wedding i've been to that's been ruined by a dog's dick on the wedding cake...

Siorac

It's staggering the number of my Arsenal fan mates that think they are a much better side than us.
It's staggering how many on the Caf thinks so too. They finished only five points ahead of us last season despite our utterly disastrous finish.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's staggering how many on the Caf thinks so too. They finished only five points ahead of us last season despite our utterly disastrous finish.
This. we were neck and neck for most of the season.

Fellainis Nutmeg

Trizy

If we're the worst United side in years how bad are they? None of their players would make our starting 11.