RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

b82REZ

Not RAWK but caught the latest RedmenTV clip on Brendan (for the craic). There's some rent-a-gob fella with glasses and massive teeth who will literally defend Brendan until the end. It's wonderful to see such deep delusion.

That old bloke seems to have taken the name a little to literally and painted his face red.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Just wondering what they think our best team ever was? 1999? Every year our team is the worst team ever so someone was wrong somewhere.
I remember posting on the old Sky Sports forums and at the time even the 06-09 team was considered simply Ronaldo plus 10 others by a lot of opposing fans. They admitted Ronaldo was very good through gritted teeth (though there was still some who saw him only as a flat track bully), but we had nothing else. Van der Sar, Vidic, Rio and Evra were overrated, Scholes wasn't a patch on Gerrard, everyone else was shit.

It will always be the worst United team, no matter who we have on board.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
RAWK celebrating Shaw's injury. Not surprising.
Oof, hope it's not as bad as it looks.
Yes, terrible. There is no funny in this at all. At all.
Just been on. Most people are coming out with this. Two people said they chuckled and were greeted with a ban. So RAWK aren't saying that are they? Two idiots on there are as there will be everywhere, and they shouldn't get any airing time on here.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Well that's too be expected really. They'll probably make Moreno an honourary scouser as well.

Raptori

Special needs
Just been on. Most people are coming out with this. Two people said they chuckled and were greeted with a ban. So RAWK aren't saying that are they? Two idiots on there are as there will be everywhere, and they shouldn't get any airing time on here.
Good to see. Anyone who laughs at any serious injury doesn't deserve to enjoy football.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Dang, fair play to them if that's the real reaction then.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

It's more than "two". Don't know if the Mods there removed some posts. A cnut over there suggests Moreno should be man of the match.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's more than "two". Don't know if the Mods there removed some posts. A cnut over there suggests Moreno should be man of the match.
That was after his goal though, wasn't it?

Fair play to them, they've been pretty good for the most part. When Cisse was injured for them I remember being sickened by it and hoping he recovered quickly - there's just some things in football that you don't joke about and people getting hurt is something that should never be a punchline. It's that asshat Andy@Allerton, being his usual hilarious self, that is behind most of the crap.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
That was after his goal though, wasn't it?

Fair play to them, they've been pretty good for the most part. When Cisse was injured for them I remember being sickened by it and hoping he recovered quickly - there's just some things in football that you don't joke about and people getting hurt is something that should never be a punchline. It's that asshat Andy@Allerton, being his usual hilarious self, that is behind most of the crap.
Don't normally read or post on this thread but just saying that the Shaw injury thread on RAWK that started late yesterday evening has dozens of people wishing the lad well.

Skizzo

Don't normally read or post on this thread but just saying that the Shaw injury thread on RAWK that started late yesterday evening has dozens of people wishing the lad well.
Glad to hear that mate. Banter and rivalry aside, serious injuries to any player should make people rise above things for a while. Wouldn't wish injuries like they on anyone, especially when they could be career threatening.

Nice to hear majority are wishing him well.

Fellainis Nutmeg

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't care what they spend or net spend

We want to built a house, we spent 300M and we get our house built, they rather squabble with net spend this, net spend that, if and buts, and all other analogy and still no House. The contractor they hired to built a fecking house ended up with a death star!

montpelier

Hot Beverage Analogies 'R' Us

Yeah! Let's say we want to make a nice brew of Tetley Tea.

If I take the milk from my fridge, and pour it in to a ditch, then buy some new milk that's out of date and put it in instead, then I'm not going to throw my hands up and blame Zeus. "Damn it! All our milk is gone! We used to have such great, and fresh milk, but no more!"

Then comes the next part of the metaphor. People will then say "but the milk we had was past it's use by date too".

Okay, great, let's buy some fresh, quality milk? Can't quite afford Cravendale, but let's get something better in.

But your point of view is to state "Well we lost all our milk so now we can't make a decent cup of tea."

Footballers ≠ Milky Tea
No, my point of view is that being deprived the best quality milk inevitably contributes to the lessening in quality of the cups of tea - whilst not losing sight of the fact that if the guy making the tea also makes some cock-ups in the preparation of the tea, then that doesn't fecking help either.

In other words a balanced take on the entire tea-making process and final product not some skewed perspective that sates an urge to pile all the blame on the poor bastard making the fecking tea.
It's my belief, and the belief of others on here that we have more than enough quality ingredients in our fridge to make decent cups of tea as opposed to the shite we're getting at the moment.

There may be other tea makers in the world who might do a better job with what he have.

Setting the tea up to be sugary and then sending some of our only sugar on loan to Turkey is pretty insane also.

montpelier

A range of responses to the Rafa-Stevie schism

1) The Power of RAWK returns the Universe to a State of Order

An astonishing polemic mate.

As a maverick scouse footballing giant Stevie frequently made the heart soar. As a fellow human being, reading snatches of his tittle tattle unworthy of bitching adolescents makes the flesh creep.

Your incredible riposte furnishing missing truth and perspective to a snide attempt at deriding a great man has ensured decency is restored.

We thank you.

2) The Cataclysmic Burning Incandescent & Really Jolly Warm Fires of Hell are Frozen Over as it is also alleged that...

Gerrard just doesn't get it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: