RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
An astonishing polemic mate.

As a maverick scouse footballing giant Stevie frequently made the heart soar. As a fellow human being, reading snatches of his tittle tattle unworthy of bitching adolescents makes the flesh creep.

Your incredible riposte furnishing missing truth and perspective to a snide attempt at deriding a great man has ensured decency is restored.

We thank you.
It's only missing the word 'rapscallion'.

RAWKites: as Romantic as Patrick Bateman waxing lyrical about...well, Phil Collins, funnily enough.

Fellainis Nutmeg

They regularly make fun of us trying to use Fellaini to do it. :wenger:

RAWK said:
Sturridge Benteke partnership is sooo gonna work.

I can already see it - Benteke dropping a bit deeper, chesting the ball down - while having his marker drop deeper with him as well - laying it off back to Coutinho or Henderson who now see Sturridge sprinting into that vacated space even before they got the ball to gain advantage so he could get on the end of their through balls. It`s so gonna be glorious; that particular move is probably one of the basic attacking moves but it`s so difficult to stop especially if you have these players we have.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
I think teams would get wise to that fairly quickly, especially if they scored all their goals like that.
It also relies on Sturridge being on the pitch and Henderson a) understanding tactics & b) being capable of doing something other than running around a lot.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Amazing that they can turn on club legend like that, after what he did in the CL final himself.

Still, Roy Keane, legend but bellend.
aye, some similarities though, innit
Keane ain't a bellend though. He fell out with Fergie. People have fallings out all the time. It's like saying Andy Cole is a dick for not liking CL hero Teddy Sheringham.

Granted, he says a lot of stupid things but, he's from Cork :D

Keane is also not Steven Gerrard...That is a very important fact

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
aye, some similarities though, innit
Just in as much as they were both fantastic midfielders. Keano would never have daydreamed about how he'd win a final single handedly and get a hero's welcome. He'd admired the Brazilians like Roberto Carlos for just smiling for a few seconds after winning everything and then thinking "next". He doesn't run up to kiss a camera cause he's scored a goal just before HT against Stoke in the league.

His troubles were mostly to do with ambition and drive, and him not feeling others had enough of it. He was on the wane when he left, but he wasn't wrong in his criticism of where we were at as a club and how we had failed to strengthen (whether people think he went the right way about it or not). With Ireland, well, I can't blame him. At all.

Love the guy, he's a moody bastard and has done pretty terrible as a manager, but as a captain, as a midfield enforcer, there was no one better. And he wasn't me me me. He was win or die.

Fellainis Nutmeg

RAWK Perspective on Suarez-Costa debate on their "Diego Costa - The Elephant Man" thread

RAWK said:
Luis liked a bit of a dive, and the occasional bite. But he wasn't a constant snide whose sole purpose seems to be trying to get opposition players sent off through that snideness. He was too busy tearing teams to shreds to spend a whole 90 minutes trying to get other people sent off.
Luis is a genius and this fella is the embodiment of Mourinho but as a player - a complete fecking cheat and win at all costs gobshite.
Suarez is a petulant footballer kid who crosses the line in the heat of the moment. This guy's a calculated thug who plays football.
Yeah he did other things, like most players he wasn't adverse the occasional shithouse challenge and I've seen him pull hair etc. But he's a flashpoint player. His indiscretions are much like his general play, just wind him up and let him go and most of what you get is good and some isn't. But his whole game isn't based around being a snidey, cheating c*nt.
There's a massive difference between Suarez and Costa. There's one that's a wee bit of twat on the pitch wanting to win every game he plays, whether that be a Champions League final or a training game. Then there's the other that is literally a cheating dirty bastard. One is considered on eof the worlds best players. The other is starting to get recognition as one of the dirtiest bastards on a football pitch.
Mike dean should be banished to the championship for the rest of the season for that showing, if that was Suarez well....
Suarez played on the edge and had a real will to win with the odd moment of madness. This guys just a dirty c*nt.
say what you will about Suarez, he plays with his heart, you can see how much emotion he has in him when we drew against Crystal Palace or that penalty and red card he got in South Africa.

Costa, he's just a grumpy douchebag that gets away with outrageous stuff.
Suarez didn't really go as close to the line (or over it) like Costa does other than for some moments of madness.
Costa is a little snidey motherfecker with real issues. If you can't see the difference between Suarez and Costa then you're simply blind.
To quote a manc "Suarez has nothing on this guy."
Suarez Dives? one in the stoke game in three years at anfield.

Last edited:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Please win Pool. KRAP.
It'll be funny if they lose to Norwich. There's no point in firing a manager mid season, Liverpool will not get relegated, they'll be in league, and they'll probably miss out on Europa league, which is a hit the owners will gladly take. They may get a good guy next season though, but this season Rodgers will be walking wounded. They should lose more matches.

RAWK Perspective on Suarez-Costa debate on their "Diego Costa - The Elephant Man" thread
To be fair many of those quotes are not far from the mark. Suarez is a brilliant player who loses it in the heat of the moment. Costa is planning this stuff in his head before he even steps onto the pitch.

clarkydaz

To be fair many of those quotes are not far from the mark. Suarez is a brilliant player who loses it in the heat of the moment. Costa is planning this stuff in his head before he even steps onto the pitch.
Suarez is the king of nasty c*nts. Costa is a dumb brawler, doesn't have the smarts to be this snide (and this is without the racism)

Varun

Staff
Suarez is as vile a cnut as Costa is. Both absolute shithouses. Him leaving the league has seemed to erase a fair few memories. The cnut used to stamp on purpose to hurt players. Then there were those "incidental" kicks right to the stomach or knee.

montpelier

those Gnash vs. Costa quotes are great. If you take out the bites & the 'allegedly' race related abuse (that he 'fessed up to), there's probably not much in it, tbf.

clarkydaz

Those stud rakes and stamps get me every time, disgusting.
look at the very first clip, and the Kompany tackle. Goes in with a leg breaker and comes out pretending to be injured immediately, he is actually a brilliant specimen of vermin. Also the eye gaouge on Parker

Costa just has physical intimidation, it seems referees just don't have the balls to send him off

Devil81

look at the very first clip, and the Kompany tackle. Goes in with a leg breaker and comes out pretending to be injured immediately, he is actually a brilliant specimen of vermin. Also the eye gaouge on Parker

Costa just has physical intimidation, it seems referees just don't have the balls to send him off

Yeah Suarez was actually dangerous, he could have seriously hurt someone with them stamps. Costa is just a bully, from the very first I seen him play he was bullying, that player was Terry in the Champions league. Costa spent all night staring him down and smashing into him before corners.

prath92

What's better for Suarez is that he almost always delivers whether it's club or country. Costa is useless for country and now has been useless for club for a while.

clarkydaz

To use James bond as an a analogy I think Suarez was more 'roger Moore' with tongue firmly in cheek and with a bit of charm. He was committing crimes but it was done in a comical kind of way and he didn't take himself to seriously.
cheeky scallywag really that sewer rat, aint he. I'm sure Parker laughed this off with him after the game

Tarrou

Did Suarez ever get sent off for Liverpool? I can't recall one but that montage shows about 10 cases of him deliberately trying to hurt someone.

Raw

Did Suarez ever get sent off for Liverpool? I can't recall one but that montage shows about 10 cases of him deliberately trying to hurt someone.
Nope, his last ever red card was for Ajax in 2010/11. Had plenty of suspensions though.

space

Where was the boom?

Nothing but a downward spiral since dwight gayles equaliser
The transfer period, while no football is played. They bought Benteke, Ings, Firmino and Milner and suddenly had a title challenging squad.