RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
"on, we need more Gerrards, Carraghers, Fowlers, im not being xenophobic, we need players who have the same love for the club as the fans."
Like those players grow on trees or something.

Alabaster Codify7

The mental gymnastics are brilliant, now Coutinho was never as good as they thought / said he was and they'll move on!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The mental gymnastics are brilliant, now Coutinho was never as good as they thought / said he was and they'll move on!
It's a coping mechanism, I've seen some suggest he was only their 3rd most important player after Mane and Salah.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I know, I should probably just console myself with 70s and 80s replays, but times have been tough since VHS became obsolete.

Red Devil Rising

It's a coping mechanism, I've seen some suggest he was only their 3rd most important player after Mane and Salah.
Are they that far wrong?

Salah has been far away their best player this season, and they win ratio is far higher this season when Coutinho hasn't been playing.

He's a big miss, but they've enough quality to cope without him and should still get top 4. van Dijk will help in that regard too.

JSArsenal

Why are they praising Carragher for staying?

Where would he have even gone? I genuinely can't think of a top club during Carragher's playing career who expressed an interest in buying him, although I could be wrong.

I wonder how long the likes of Fowler, Carragher and Gerrard would stick around if they were playing in this Liverpool team and City wanted them.

worcesterred

He shoved Firmino into the crowd, if he got called a fecking n*gger in return feck him.

He shoved a player into the crowd, what the hell. You don't need to see a guy land awkwardly as a result and snap his neck for you to start grasping the consequences of that action. Firmino's got off unhurt, still doesn't take away from the potential consequences of what Holgate did.

If Firmino did something unprovoked there's a discussion to be had but something's seriously off if you can assault a guy to provoke him, and then claim to be the injured party. If you start it, take whatever comes your way you fecking coward.

Rabid animals, club needs to stop existing.
There's nothing bigger than your well being. A guy goes for that, unprovoked, anything goes. That's the big issue in a contact sport and you've got pages whining about the word response.

I have no take on what was said, haven't done repeated slo mo views but how exactly do you think a physical confrontation goes? A guy throws a punch at you and your brain stops and scans what response is ok and what is not honourable? Come on now.

You're going to go for the one that can cause most damage. Worst case, if Firmino called him a n****r he'll get fined, banned a few games but it's not something I'll hold against the player. Not when he was just assaulted.

Red and Alt-White Kop

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Where would he have even gone? I genuinely can't think of a top club during Carragher's playing career who expressed an interest in buying him, although I could be wrong.

I wonder how long the likes of Fowler, Carragher and Gerrard would stick around if they were playing in this Liverpool team and City wanted them.
He was a very good defender in an era of great defenders.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They're gonna end up with just Yoko and Pete Best at this rate.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Are they that far wrong?

Salah has been far away their best player this season, and they win ratio is far higher this season when Coutinho hasn't been playing.

He's a big miss, but they've enough quality to cope without him and should still get top 4. van Dijk will help in that regard too.
Yeah, Coutinho's the reason they play like they do, only one in that team capable of feeding them consistently through the channels. I think people are underestimating how big of a loss he is.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

The fowler that left and the Gerard that wanted to but was too scared. Scouse Heros

Djemba-Djemba

and to be fair, Carragher and Gerrard were winning stuff pretty regularly in their peak years. From 2001 to 2006 Liverpool won everything but the League title, so it was actually a pretty successful time for them.

Coutinho had been there 5 years and won absolutely feck all. No wonder he wanted to get out.

iKnowNothing

Not from RAWK but from r/liverpoolfc who seem to think that they're gonna win the CL this year::lol:

When people talk about us selling a star player they usually think of Suarez or Torres and how that money was spent on Balotelli and Carroll. But let's look further than that.

Remember our beloved club ambassador Michael Owen? Our number 10 and star player at the time, he was sold during the summer of 2004 to spanish giants Real Madrid, moving on from us to win bigger things with their galacticos team, such as the prestigious Champions League trophy.

See a connection? We just sold our current number 10 and star player in Coutinho to spanish giants FC Barcelona, moving on from us to win bigger things with their superior team, such as the prestigious Champions League trophy.

What else happened in that season that foresaw the glorious triumph that followed? We signed a tall central defender of 1.93m on the 5th of January. The name of that defender? A̶l̶b̶e̶r̶t̶ ̶E̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶i̶n̶ Mauricio Pellegrino. Currently the manager of, you guessed it, Southampton. The Southampton that sold us their tall central defender of 1.93m, which scored the winning goal in the derby on the 5th of January .

The signs are clear as day. Get ready for the ride, the van is waiting.

JSArsenal

A footballer's loyalty only extends as far as his pay slip and medal cabinet anyway.

Most players (except near retirement) would be off like a shot if at the next round of contract negotiations the club told them they will only be paid a quarter of their current salary.

RAWK on the OX

I wonder his form is reason we have decided to sell.

I had money on Coutinho to stay as I thought there's no way we are that weak to sell our best player in Jan. Ah well should have known.

I have a feeling this guy might have been his longterm replacement anyway. So come on lads keep it up.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The whole Fab Four phrase lasted about two months before it was broken up.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He was a very good defender in an era of great defenders.
Was he really that good? Because i remember him being a pretty shitty fullback and then being converted to cb where Hyppia was the guy holding the backline while Jamie was doing them rash tackles all over the pitch. The only season he really impressed me was the one where the one the UCL - he was immense in the final

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Was he really that good? Because i remember him being a pretty shitty fullback and then being converted to cb where Hyppia was the guy holding the backline while Jamie was doing them rash tackles all over the pitch. The only season he really impressed me was the one where the one the UCL - he was immense in the final
I think he’s comparable to Jones, less injuries and not as good with the ball. Jones is very good, with a stable run over the last 5 years and an experienced partner to educate and lead him he could have been great.

perspective

Supports
Bayern München
these drug rumours come up for any player that misses significantly more time than predicted. see Lamela...

Halftrack

Red and Alt-White Kop
It says something about you if your go-to insult towards a black person is a racist slur. Normal people do not blurt out racist shit when provoked. While all of us know those words, they aren't part of the vocabulary most of us use, so they shouldn't be the first word to pop up when you fire off an insult in the heat of the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.