RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That argument at most could be valid for the first ever edition. From the second it was exactly the same until it became the champions league iirc

trfc06

Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Yeah I get all that, but it can't be denied that a shit liverpool still won the Champions League against all odds in 2005. Now I don't think this side will do that, but if they keep Coutinho, it is a pretty cohesive side up front and could cause some damage. Either way with Liverpool, you're either going to get spectacular wins or comedy football.. they don't really do consistent mediocrity in Europe like a Spurs or Arsenal - they have proper pedigree.
ERRR, that was 12 years ago, not last week!!! They also had a manager (who was a prick in every way) who actually was quite good at tactics and game plans etc, unlike flopp. In the squad were players such as Gerrard (wanker but good player) Carragher (same) Xabi Alonso, Kewell (when he was good) etc, and with all that they won on penalties!!

Plus they werent the underdogs going into the game at all, odds on to win infact, and what part of winning 1 game against one other team on penalties is "against all odds" FFS!!

Stop being one of those dicks and living last century, I was stating what they are like now, which is shit in every way and they will be panned virtually every game. And in a very weak group, they will be knocked out!

trfc06

Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Did you count community shields in there? Come on, don't be that guy.
THEY, and every other team in the league, count them as well. Also, they cout super cups which is basically 1 game against another team in a friendly that is exactly like the CS. But the World club championship which is a tournament that in other parts of the world is held in high esteem (so they play full squads etc) should not be counted according to the loserspoolers (such a word?) because they have never won it!

I dont make the rules of what a counts as a major trophy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

PS the talk page is a right hoot, all the desperate losers trying to change the rules as soon as MU took over them!!

Gopher Brown

THEY, and every other team in the league, count them as well. Also, they cout super cups which is basically 1 game against another team in a friendly that is exactly like the CS. But the World club championship which is a tournament that in other parts of the world is held in high esteem (so they play full squads etc) should not be counted according to the loserspoolers (such a word?) because they have never won it!

I dont make the rules of what a counts as a major trophy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

PS the talk page is a right hoot, all the desperate losers trying to change the rules as soon as MU took over them!!
The CS counts as much as the Emirates Cup or the Premier League Cup.

montpelier

A mate of mine who supports Liverpool (he's real) reckons its widely accepted that Real's first 5 European cup wins are invalid as it was a much smaller competition with fewer teams.

Would anyone agree with this? I know it's a different competition nowadays but surely it's not widely accepted.
Yeah they've said that. 1966 is the threshold I think, somebody else is deducted a couple as well. Something like that. anyhow.

montpelier

Alanis Morissette seems to have gotten through the long arduous vetting process

So which set of arrogant self entitled wankers is everyone watching this evening? Man Utd or Barcelona?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
All of you shut up and post me some funny quotes else I'll threadban you all.

I had a late night and I'm cranky.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
@Moonred and @Globule

:lol:

20 times rings out around OT...referencing the number of times in the last twelve months an offside goal has been awarded to them.
feck this - I'm leaving the stadium early

And by stadium I mean my couch, to turn the telly on and watch Netflix instead
Hopefully this encourages shitcoat to play actual football against us.

There's quite a few praising us
Tough to admit but it looks like this season they might actually be decent and Jose Mourinho sorted some of their shit out - don't dismiss them or anyone just because they are our rivals. Hopefully we can sort ourselves too so we can rise up to the challenge

Steve the Red

A mate of mine who supports Liverpool (he's real) reckons its widely accepted that Real's first 5 European cup wins are invalid as it was a much smaller competition with fewer teams.

Would anyone agree with this? I know it's a different competition nowadays but surely it's not widely accepted.
You could say that the Football League in the early years was a much smaller competition. Before 1898, it had 16 or fewer teams.

So should those champions be discounted as well?

That would really screw up Aston Villa's and Sunderland's records. They won 3 each.

Adam_S

this would be perfect with the Liverpool fan saying the 5 times to the Madrid player :lol:
Check out the guy just to the right of Ronaldo's head in the top picture. There's a couple more in the crowd too if you look carefully.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
The Euro ones are not that important but they're a hell of a lot more worthwhile than the charity cup. We haven't taken a community shield seriously in a decade, its always just treated as a pre-season warmup.
Europa league hasn't been taken seriously either by many English teams, it's still been a trophy. So how seriously it's taken really isn't what classifies it as "not a trophy", surely.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I hope they get beat 1-0 tomorrow having had 3 goals ruled incorrectly offside.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
RAWK reckon Mkhitaryan isn't at the level of, wait for it, Coutinho, De Bruyne and Eriksen as he doesn't influence games enough.

He's got five assists in three fecking games, mate. :lol:

trfc06

Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Quote from: RK7 on Today at 11:22:22 PM
You would be smart enough to ensure you had a clause in your contract then.
If he was that smart he wouldn't need an agent. And if his agent wasn't that smart he shouldn't be condemned to spending his best years locked into a shitty contract with a nothing club.
Coutinho??

(no, its actually the completely different in every way situation with VVD, that is now on 320+ pages for a player that not only has Southampton said is not for sale at least 12 different times, but lfc themselves has stated they have no further interest and wont be bidding on months ago!!)

Also this beauty:
Anybody who's followed my posts closely -so nobody- can attest that I don't post ITK bollocks but for this one, I've heard snippets. I can't say too much until after Sep 1 but what I can say is that Chelsea are readying a bid, literally, they're checking to see whether they have enough in their current account but I'm not sure how long that'll take as the banks aren't open weekends, probably Monday.

Van Dijk's people would much prefer a move to Chelsea than see him stay at Southampton but van Dijk himself has his heart set on a move to us so neither Chelsea nor Southampton are an attractive prospect. This has caused conflict between VVD and his people and I've heard gang signs have been thrown, but I don't know any more than that.

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Yes, because Chelsea, unlike the rest of the world, can't check their accounts when the banks are closed.

Acole9

Outstanding
RAWK reckon Mkhitaryan isn't at the level of, wait for it, Coutinho, De Bruyne and Eriksen as he doesn't influence games enough.

He's got five assists in three fecking games, mate. :lol:
Oh yes because Coutinho is a big influence on their games currently...

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Yes, because Chelsea, unlike the rest of the world, can't check their accounts when the banks are closed.
Russian financiers are big into the Notting Hill carnival, understandable why it has to wait until Tuesday.

R'hllor

That guy is a fecking hero, you need to be brave to show up like that /respect :lol: (even tho it could be staged)

Status
Not open for further replies.