RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

Siorac

How can we be on 0 and Spurs on -1? So Spurs are expected to draw with us and we're expected to beat them? That makes no sense.
Was going to ask the same thing. We were expected to beat Spurs but they were expected to get a point?

I actually wouldn't rule it out that he simply has no clue how the points system works.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm still surprised that some of them can even count to 2.

montpelier

Spurs are a 3pt HOME for us, innit? OBVIOUSLY!!! All homes are 3pts

They are AWAY - and should be expecting NOTHING (is it? I dunno)

look they're top of it anyway, OK ?? :nervous:

Bwuk

might as well hand them the title now, it's their year.

Bwuk

Does anyone follow that YNFA account on Facebook? Always some cracking comments on it from scousers.

Revan

Assumptionman
No matter how many times I read that, I can't fecking understand it. How?
The difference on points from last season on the same games.

United won on both season against Spurs so 0 points there. Liverpool drawn against Stoke last season, but this time won so +2 points there. AFC won last season against West Ham, but this time lost so -3 points for them. etc etc

It is quite useless to be fair, cause football is far more complex than that.

Edit: Spurs should be on 0 points (like us). Unless there is something else going on.

Kostur

海尔的老板

United won on both season against Spurs so 0 points there. Liverpool drawn against Stoke last season, but this time won so +2 points there. AFC won last season against West Ham, but this time lost so -3 points for them. etc etc

Edit: Spurs should be on 0 points (like us). Unless there is something else going on.
Ah, Jesus, thanks for clearing this up :lol:

Question234

Liverpools big problem going forward is its going to be so difficult to actually make an impact in the CL even if they qualify. They will be unseeded in the CL qualifying if they finish 4th and if they somehow made the group stage by finish 3rd or better(or winning a qualifying round) they would end up in Pot 4 as things stand. Its a long road back for them to be regulars in the knockout stages of the CL-where all "big" clubs want to be.
He's right tbf

About half the caf thought we'd loose top 4 to liverpool until we beat em. That thread was hilarious.

Sylar

Didnt they lose? SO they should be on +3?...

Tarrou

How can we be on 0 and Spurs on -1? So Spurs are expected to draw with us and we're expected to beat them? That makes no sense.
In the context of their model, it does make sense. The assumption is that to win the league you're expected to win all your home games, the 7 easiest away games (based on last years table and the promoted teams) and draw the remaining 12 games. That would give you 90 points.

So, according that, United need a win to make 'par' and Tottenham need to draw.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
In the context of their model, it does make sense. The assumption is that to win the league you're expected to win all your home games, the 7 easiest away games (based on last years table and the promoted teams) and draw the remaining 12 games. That would give you 90 points.

Seems like a shit model to me.

darioterios

dafuq is the system? in golf you beat a certain par. who goes furthest from that wins. football is a 1v1 sport, one wins means another loses.

only RAWK logic would create such a model
montpelier said:
Top of the League

Last edited:

marukomu

The Gatekeeper

I suppose they can dare to dream because reality is not so good.

Guy

This has probably been mentioned before, but why does RAWK bother to have Red Cafe in its 'other club forum links' thread but not have it as an actual link?

Like, if they don't like the site why not exclude it? Or just have the link anyway since there's sites I would see as having a far worse reputation on there (not that this place has a bad reputation, quite the opposite)?

Is it because they know of this thread? Or did some posters from here troll them?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This has probably been mentioned before, but why does RAWK bother to have Red Cafe in its 'other club forum links' thread but not have it as an actual link?

Like, if they don't like the site why not exclude it? Or just have the link anyway since there's sites I would see as having a far worse reputation on there (not that this place has a bad reputation, quite the opposite)?

Is it because they know of this thread? Or did some posters from here troll them?
Probably goes back to the days when they accused posters here of hacking their accounts and then post slander about Hillsborough.

NM

I don't understand all the fun of the alt table. Logically, it is a good way to look at the table until about midway through the season. We had the same table on the caf for a long time too.

AN17

Not from RAWK , but from their official forum:

"You're a manc fan. You are deluded.

They will be three points behind us after next weekend and we will stay ahead for the whole season."

by a nutcase named Lallana-bobana-BGB replying to a fellow pool fan who complimented our midfielders last game.

Him and a guy named MacedonianRed could give the whole of RAWK a run for their money with their crystal ball prophecies and unparalleled footballing wisdom.
The latter constantly tries to convince fellow posters that we are neck down in financial trouble and are about to be bankrupt any moment now....

thejtrain

He does this 4-5 times every season. And goes back hiding into his hole.. Not yet top level to be playing for Barca imo.
Not really - he's a lot more consistent these days. Probably the only world class player they've got in their team. The sooner he fecks off the better!

Getsme

Not really - he's a lot more consistent these days. Probably the only world class player they've got in their team. The sooner he fecks off the better!
World Class? That term really has lost all it's value.

Trizy

He does this 4-5 times every season. And goes back hiding into his hole.. Not yet top level to be playing for Barca imo.
Agree 100%

You hear feck all about Coutinho until he scores a belted and even in those matches he's usually missing until he scores.

next Iniesta though, la.

Ole90+3

Coutinho's only real downfall is that he goes missing for such large portions of the game.

I think it's largely down to laziness and not being bothered about continuously running to find pockets of space to receive the ball.

This will thankfully ultimately hold him back from becoming world class.

His passing is ridiculously accurate. Probably the best passer in the league, at least the best ground passer.

Winrar

Didn't United fans on here spend 3/4 of that season saying they'd drop out the top 4 eventually? Not suggesting another title tilt necessarily but it is the default position on here to call Liverpool average.
I must admit during that season I thought liverpool's inexperience would catch up to them gradually over the season but they proved me wrong and became serious challengers with suarez leading the line until the last moment. I consider it exception rather than the norm though, because previous several seasons they were nowhere near challenging for the title, and again after that year they went into hiding after they sold suarez.

Circumstances could change but at this point in time I don't see any more upsets from liverpool in the near future. there isn't any player in the liverpool team that could act as a consistent game changer (i.e. suarez). you could maybe argue coutinho but he's too inconsistent (maybe that could change this year, I hope it doesn't). benteke is still unproven at this level. sturridge apart from that year didn't impress me altogether. collective defense is still yet to be proven. far too many question marks right now to consider liverpool to be a serious contender.

Right now I see arsenal, chelsea, city, and us to be favorites ahead of liverpool.

Last edited:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Liverpool's inexperience did catch up with them. Rodgers deciding to go for a win his way vs Chelsea and then stupidly deciding to chase the goal difference at Palace was evidence of that.

Winrar

Liverpool's inexperience did catch up with them. Rodgers deciding to go for a win his way vs Chelsea and then stupidly deciding to chase the goal difference at Palace was evidence of that.
True. but what I meant was I thought they would drop off during the december-march period where season starts heading towards the business end. Of course, it doesn't matter now because end result is still the same with liverpool bottling it in hilarious fashion.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
So... anyway. Liverpool are shit. hahaha. Fat bastard and gormless guy in the crowd. Hahaha.
Take the discussion elsewhere guys. I see a post in here and expect to laugh.