RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

Moonred

Watching it now doesn't make any difference to me anymore. The worst was over once we won the title back. Now let's get the thread back on Track.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Watching it now doesn't make any difference to me anymore. The worst was over once we won the title back. Now let's get the thread back on Track.
Lurking RAWK now, it's a slow news day.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The way we bottled the title by being overconfident still haunts me the most rather then this goal. It was the Wigan game when we effectively lost it, we played that day as if we'd already won the league.

My feeling after Aguero goal was, 'They fully deserve the title, no way we deserve it after the way we've bottled.
Don't even mention the Everton result either :mad: FFS.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Feck all on there lads. Hopefully Carlisle can do a number on them tomorrow.

Moriarty

They get about too. I logged on to the Guardian site to view the match report and encountered a very unpleasant specimen called "zealouslethargy". I wrote a brief comment about Martial's performance and this creature crawled out from under his rock and wrote that Martial is a "fecking piece of trash" amongst other things. Dunno if he got modded or not but I looked over his profile and he's a nasty piece of work. So, if you're ever on CiF, have at it. This twerp needs a good shoeing.

Vanrouge

They get about too. I logged on to the Guardian site to view the match report and encountered a very unpleasant specimen called "zealouslethargy". I wrote a brief comment about Martial's performance and this creature crawled out from under his rock and wrote that Martial is a "fecking piece of trash" amongst other things. Dunno if he got modded or not but I looked over his profile and he's a nasty piece of work. So, if you're ever on CiF, have at it. This twerp needs a good shoeing.
I've noticed that poster on there too. He's spectacularly lacking in any humour, and he's prone to stupid gaffes. Today he called Steven Naismith "James Naismith"! But yeah, he (could be a she, but I doubt it) seems very RAWKish.

Moriarty

I've noticed that poster on there too. He's spectacularly lacking in any humour, and he's prone to stupid gaffes. Today he called Steven Naismith "James Naismith"! But yeah, he (could be a she, but I doubt it) seems very RAWKish.
I don't think it's a female but with Liverpool fans, you can never be sure. I remember one time in the late 70s at Anfield when two girls, about 9 or 10, used some very ripe language towards us on the way to the ground. There was a line of coppers between us and the onlookers but these two stood on top of a wall shouting "you fecking Manc cnuts" and suchlike.

Vanrouge

I don't think it's a female but with Liverpool fans, you can never be sure. I remember one time in the late 70s at Anfield when two girls, about 9 or 10, used some very ripe language towards us on the way to the ground. There was a line of coppers between us and the onlookers but these two stood on top of a wall shouting "you fecking Manc cnuts" and suchlike.
:lol: Yeah, you never know, do you? I did realize something else, though, after reading a few of his bile-filled posts: he's a Yank. Not that that means anything, necessarily, but I get the sense he tries to use English slang to blend in, but gives himself away with his spelling of words like defense/offense and paycheck.

Moriarty

:lol: Yeah, you never know, do you? I did realize something else, though, after reading a few of his bile-filled posts: he's a Yank. Not that that means anything, necessarily, but I get the sense he tries to use English slang to blend in, but gives himself away with his spelling of words like defense/offense and paycheck.
And "retard" too. Well spotted.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
File this one away for January. Neymar has started Barca's public tapping up of Coutinho.

« Reply #354 on: Yesterday at 08:25:08 PM »
Quote from: elsewhere on Yesterday at 08:23:17 PM
Neymar: Coutinho Has The Style Of Barcelona

Liverpool is struggling and Neymar believes Coutinho fits Barcelona's style of play.

Speaking at a publicity event, Neymar said: "I see many Brazilian players with quality today.

"But one that I like and I think could play here is Coutinho. He has the style of Barcelona."

Barcelona previously did business with Liverpool when they bought Luis Suarez.
And so it begins...

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm being genuine here, I really wish our players would stop this business of saying Coutinho, in this case would fit Barça. Just say he's a quality player and leave it at that. Same thing with the Fabregas thing a 4-5 years ago.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
1520: MANCHESTER UNITED v ASTON VILLA LINE-UPS

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, O'Shea, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Giggs, Tevez.
Subs: Foster, Park, Welbeck, Gibson, Martin, Macheda, Eckersley.

Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Cuellar, Davies, Shorey, Milner, Petrov, Barry, Ashley Young, Carew, Agbonlahor.
Subs: Guzan, Delfouneso, Knight, Salifou, Reo-Coker, Gardner, Albrighton.

Referee: Mike Riley (Yorkshire)

Villa are actually the better team on paper. If they grew some bollocks.....
First post on page 12. Bloody hell :wenger:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
"I think Coutinho probably has a better base ability than Iniesta. He's got the same close control and vision; but he is probably a better scorer and has more speed. However, what disadvantages him greatly is the tactical side of the game. Had Coutinho came through learning the game through the Barca system or started to be imbedded in Pep's revolutionary Barca he too would have turned into a better player and I think would have been even more special than what many think he can be now.

You look at Iniesta now and while still a top player is not really in the same hemisphere as what he was before. Under Enrique the team divides the passing of the ball much more. Iniesta is neither a defensive/high-workrate player nor does he affect a lot of goals. He needs a lot of the ball to dictate the game and open it up for his teammates. In this Barca, I probably wouldn't be surprised if Coutinho excelled more. Frankly, Rakitic is outshining Iniesta since his arrival and he's of a more similar base to Coutinho going forward."

:lol:

Fellainis Nutmeg

They are having a conversation on the Macheranho red card against us Years back and how the Ref was corrupt. Some objective Liverpool decided to pitch in with his POV

RedHopper @ RAWK said:
I remember watching that game through my fingers. We had all that respect bollocks after Some ref refused to just send off ashley cole for being a prick. Mascherano was on a mission to get sent off in that game. I never saw anything like it before or since. It was like he had been replaced with someone completely different who looked a lot like javier Mascherano. After two minutes he smashed over some man utd player, and started shouting at the ref, After ten minutes he slid into paul scholes and kicked him up into the air, He could have been sent off for the tackle, which broke a lot of different rules all at once. The Ref Booked him, he spent then next 10 seconds screaming at the ref. He got away with a couple of heavy tackles after that, and he was mouthing off at the ref all the way through. Torres then got booked for dissent (making the flapping mouth gesture with his hands at the referee) Mascherano then chooses that moment to run across the pitch, break free of Xabi Alonso's attempted rugby tackle, and start getting "right up in the referees grill" just as he's writing "Torres, Dissent" on his yellow card.

I have absolutely no idea what came over javier mascherano. He has made a career out of being a cold eyed, ruthless pragmatist. The man who reads the game like a book, can usually make an interception or a tackle to win the ball back, but also knows when to make the right foul, how to get away with bookable fouls by being friendly to referees and smiling. Mascherano is an arch professional, and he chose perhaps the single most unfortunate weekend to completely lose his mind. He could have been sent off for bookable fouls and pretty visible dissent multiple times in that first half. We can blame Steve Bennett or the FA all we like, but that was a serious, and completely uncharacteristic loss of control from mascherano.

There are all sorts of unintentional biases in premier league football. Referee's really don't want to send off someone if they can really avoid it. They get blamed for ruining the game, even if it is the player who has been doing the dirt, or made the mistakes. That's how you wind up with Diego costa not being sent off. They're very slow to send off players from big teams, and they're even slower to send off famous players, unless they do something really bad. So If you're a the club's star player you're pretty golden. It helps if you are an England international as well. Given our status as one of the big english clubs (certainly in terms of TV Draw anyway) and with a number of high profile players, and england internationals, we get a much fairer crack of the whip than clubs like norwich or bournemouth. So when fans of a "big club" start complaining about refereeing, the rest of football just pisses itself laughing at us because we seem to be so unaware of how privileged we are.
Andy@Allerton said:
What 'came over him' was Torres getting booked for being fouled. Plus a raft of snidey dirty horrible challenges from the Mancs that all went unpunished.
Red Hopper isn't a Liverpool fan is he? thought he had been sussed a while ago.
I'm not sure what he is or is trying to be to be quite honest with you. He's a bit troubled to say the least.
Andy@Allerton said:
Torres got fouled. Everyone saw it. He complained about being fouled. And was booked for complaining about being fouled.

He effectively got booked for being fouled while a string of Manchester United players threw bookable fouls in again and again and got away scot free.

You asked what was up with Mascherano - the sheer corruption in the English game was what was up with him
Andy@Allerton said:
He's a Manchester United fan. That's all he talks about.

I'd be fairly shocked if anyone believed his laughable claims to be a Liverpool fan.
Lemony Snippet.

Christ, id have you down ad an Arsenal fan given all that tippy tappy with no end product

Cantona winds them up good :lol:

Cantona said:
Definitely not a Liverpool fan, the guy talks far too much sense and doesn't exude bitterness.

You've (United) spent the best part of the last 25 years playing with 12 so its only fair.
Cantona said:
Yeah, Fergie was so good he was worth an extra man wasn't he.
Nah, he was an evil, twisted c*nt to be honest.

mark_a

Much as I've never wished for a Liverpool win, I can't bring myself to hope they lose to Carlisle. If that did happen, Rodgers would have to go. A string of bad results + lack of progress + embarrassing home cup defeat = sacking. Has to.

montpelier

Much as I've never wished for a Liverpool win, I can't bring myself to hope they lose to Carlisle. If that did happen, Rodgers would have to go. A string of bad results + lack of progress + embarrassing home cup defeat = sacking. Has to.
Yeah, I was just thinking that. And Sat vs. Villa isn't far off similar/same either - might have to hope for a draw in that one, :(

They're not going to lose to Carlisle

Same here. I hope they generally to just about well enough so that the owners can't completely justify sacking him :D