RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elastic Fish

Oh Gawd

#21 & #8 work the ball out of flank squaring it between Can & Hendo to #7. #16 is now running off the back of Mane who is ball watching for no reason at all. Literally just standing looking at the ball.

We are still okay there. I think at this point Gini should see that Mane has lost his man and take responsibility. But as #16 is about to enter a zone Gini is in, that shouldnt be a problem. Salah could also see that Gini is about to have a problem to deal with and take #14 who (at the moment) he thinks Gini has.

Everyone else is touch tight to their man. It´s impossible to see how 2 people will be unmarked in just 2 seconds time.

What happens next?

The square ball into midfield becomes a race to the ball between Moreno & #7. Moreno is likely to come out second best because he is behind #7 however because #16 is now unmarked running onto the ball, Moreno feels he has to attempt to win the ball to cut out an easy square pass.

Gini should be stepping across to pick up #16 run now. Isn´t.
Can, Henderson & Mane all make the collective decision to do nothing.
#8 runs off the back of Can. Despite him running into Moreno´s zone, he cannot be responsible for him as the last he saw, #8 and #21 were marked by Hendo and Can. His sole responsibility is #7.
#7 touches the ball off to #16 - both #7 and Moreno end up on the ground (seems Amrabat slips under pressure and the both go down)

Wait, how the feck did that happen?

The only Liverpool player that has moved since the last picture is Moreno. Gini hasn't moved across at all. Can is standing in literally the exact same place. Mane & Henderson gave up on any plan of tracking runners. Salah is in the vacinity of 2 Watford players so I think he is blameless.

How did #8 get there unmarked? (Hendo & Can)
Should Lovren have stepped across towards #8 yet when he saw him starting to make that run? Probably, but that is a minor thing compared to just letting him go.
Gini should have closed that gap and be in position to challenge #16 at this point. Mane also shouldn´t have let him go though.
What are Henderson and Can doing now? They are central midfielders standing on the left flank doing nothing.
Matip and TAA look good although TAA has his back to a player so needs to be aware of him.

What happens next?
#16 receives the layoff from #7. Plays in #8 unmarked.
Gini wakes up and starts tracking #16 but he is past him already
Lovren doesn´t do a great job closing down #8, possible afraid of being isolated and beaten? But this is still a minor thing.

Off screen I have no doubt that Can, Henderson & Mane are still standing in the same positions.
Moreno & #7 have been taken out of the game.
#8 has received the ball unmarked in the penalty area.
Lovren has made a vertical run backwards rather than angled towards the #8.
Matip looks good. TAA looks okay as long as he is aware of #37
Gini is fecked.
Salah takes up a good position to pick up anything that breaks to the edge of the box for people following it up.
Question: Is that a good position for Mignolet? I don´t know because I don´t understand goalkeeping. My worry is he is outside the widths of his posts. Any ball between him and TAA, for example, is an easy tapin. Or any cut back to Doucoure gives him the whole goal to aim at. Could he protect his near post but not step out that far? Again - I don´t know the answers here, just thinking out loud.

What happens next?
The ball is played between towards the back post.
Lovren slides, but cannot cut it out.
Mignolet cannot cut it out and is now in no mans land somewhat scrambling to get across his goal.
Matip & #33 end up on the ground.
TAA attempts to clear the ball but hits #33 on the ground. It breaks into the path of #16

TAA panicked a little bit and basically just blasted his clearance back where it came from. He should has got his foot under the ball to get height on it aiming to get it out for a corner or throwin. I can understand his reluctance to kick it out for a corner incase he inadvertently ends up putting it in his own net.
Mignolet ends up on the ground while trying to scramble across. Not brilliant but even if he hadn't, he likely wouldn't make it across. My only questionmark on him in this whole passage of play was stepping out so far to protect his near post. It just looked wrong, but not something I would feel confident in my knowledge enough to say it's a mistake per se. It just looked off.

What happens next?
Goal.

Responsibility?

In terms of involvement in the goal in reverse order:-
Goal itself:- Mignolet (maybe) could have done a little better. Questionable.
#16 Doucoure:- TAA fluffed his clearance, but it was a very difficult one to get right given the speed it all happened. I said before low, driven crosses don't need to pick people out, they just create mayhem that results in goals as they are the hardest cross to defend. This is a great example.
Gini lets Doucoure run into his zone, should have closed him down.
Mane lets Doucoure go, who runs off the back of him into Gini's zone
#8 Cleverly:-
Lovren could have done more to close him down and maybe cut out the cross
Hendo (Primary) or Can (Secondary) should have tracked him.
Hendo & Can could have done better pressing him not letting him out of that area on the flank perhaps.
#7 Amrabat
Moreno let Amrabat win the race to the ball, although was always second favourite. Ended up on the ground with Amrabat effectively taking them both out of the passage of play. Moreno & Matip are the only people who remained touch tight with the person they were marking. The player Moreno was marking never faced goal or went in the direction of goal. Therefore Amrabat was never a threat in the passage of play. It was only the inaction of others that resulted in the threat.
Christ it's like a game of postal correspondence football. For only £12:99 monthly you can receive 4 (four) thrilling first-class posted real-paper letters with painstaking and irrelevant analysis accompanied by pictures taken by a phone even Nokia don't sell anymore. It's all you need minus the fake tan to become as full of footballing shite as Brendan Rodgers™. He keeps saying 'what happens next' like its some kind of comedy catch-phrase that the kids at home can say along with him.

Around 850 years ago my cousin Vinnie was fired by Henry II (Count of Anjou, Maine and Nantes, Duke of Normandy and Aquitaine - the latter by virtue of his wife, the lady Eleanor of Aquitaine, and King of England) for some pretty similar stuff. He was weaving tapestries at the time and kept adding way too much text, which was really pretty superfluous considering most people couldn't even read at the time. He maintains to this day that it was an unjust dismissal but at the end of the day you can't get away with an inferior end-product so I think he got what he deserved. Also tapestries as an art-form may have been on the way out, but it's easy with the benefit of several centuries' hindsight to blame long-term trends for individual events. Vinnie should have seen the artistic tastes of the Western European chivalric class changing; Liverpool should have adapted when the back-pass rule was introduced. Neither of them did and I laugh at them both. If anyone wants a tapestry done I know a guy who can set you up, although he's eligible to do knightly service for the Angevin dynasty for 40 days a year so bear that in mind.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Christ it's like a game of postal correspondence football. For only £12:99 monthly you can receive 4 (four) thrilling first-class posted real-paper letters with painstaking and irrelevant analysis accompanied by pictures taken by a phone even Nokia don't sell anymore. It's all you need minus the fake tan to become as full of footballing shite as Brendan Rodgers™. He keeps saying 'what happens next' like its some kind of comedy catch-phrase that the kids at home can say along with him.

Around 850 years ago my cousin Vinnie was fired by Henry II (Count of Anjou, Maine and Nantes, Duke of Normandy and Aquitaine - the latter by virtue of his wife, the lady Eleanor of Aquitaine, and King of England) for some pretty similar stuff. He was weaving tapestries at the time and kept adding way too much text, which was really pretty superfluous considering most people couldn't even read at the time. He maintains to this day that it was an unjust dismissal but at the end of the day you can't get away with an inferior end-product so I think he got what he deserved. Also tapestries as an art-form may have been on the way out, but it's easy with the benefit of several centuries' hindsight to blame long-term trends for individual events. Vinnie should have seen the artistic tastes of the Western European chivalric class changing; Liverpool should have adapted when the back-pass rule was introduced. Neither of them did and I laugh at them both. If anyone wants a tapestry done I know a guy who can set you up, although he's eligible to do knightly service for the Angevin dynasty for 40 days a year so bear that in mind.
:lol:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

:lol: That's fantastic.

Marzo

:lol::lol: Feck me, brilliant, post of the day!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Wtf?? :lol::lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Infamy, infamy etc
RAWK Asylum said:
I'm going to sound a bit like a deranged tin-foil hat merchant here, but you have a point with this. When other clubs in the league are in danger of losing their top players you get all the idiot pundits coming out saying how it will be bad for the Premier League if they leave, we should be wanting to keep all the top talent and best players in the world in this country, we have the best league in the world and we can only keep it that way by keeping the best players so it is best if *insert player here* leaves.

Yet somehow with Coutinho now it is a case of Liverpool are being really bad by not letting him leave. Let him fulfil his dream. Ignore completely the fact that he's tied down to a long-term contract and we have no obligation to sell. Coutinho should go to Barcelona, they are a much bigger club and he deserves it. It's fecking nauseating to see if not unsurprising.

Let's see when another top club is in danger of losing their star player. Let's see if we see the bullshit that is being spouted now about Phil. It wont happen.
You are not being a tin-foil hat wearer at all. English football in general, and the football media are absolutely terrified of a Liverpool resurgence. They really don't want it, and they didn't like it when we swept all before us. If they can undermine us and unsettle our progress then they will do so whenever they can. They don't do this with the likes of United or the London clubs because they are media darlings. We have always been the outsider they resent. A resurgent, winning Liverpool is their nightmare scenario, so they will always rock our boat as much as they can. Helping to unsettle our best players is just one tactic they use to do this. There will always be exceptions out there, but generally speaking, the English footballing world and its media hate and fear us climbing back on our perch. They want their media darlings up there.

And as has already been said above; whatever we do they will call us wrong for doing it. Keep Coutinho and we are ''depriving him of his dream move.'' Naughty Liverpool! But if we sell him we will be slated as ''being a selling club that lacks ambition and will never be what they were because they can't keep their best players.'' So, whichever way we turn, they can still have a dig at the club. Best thing to do is whatever is right for the club, and say feck right off to what the media think.

Parry Gallister

RE Trent Alexander Arnold

SABU hops promise Singh childe prospectus Master Ten Daleks Underarm-Hold don’t go the weigh off so many Blight Yung Finks and blunder kids that have tick held the fancies e.g Andoni Le Telly, Florin Cinnamon Pongo (or “The Germs” as
Long-Ball Sartre the Jeer Old Haulier called ‘em), Annie Patchy Co, Potato Diarrhoea, Wretched Porridge, Sir Bastion Lido, Question Nebworth, Che S Perrin, Nil Melon, Jonas Semaphore, Sack “Fatima” Wet Bread, Dim Ian Plassy, Entre Wisden “Colostomy of the Futre”, Genome Sink Lair, Conan Coyote, Pet Row Shrivelled Fella, and cetera (not Peter).

Awesome!!! It's been too long SABU! I agree - thread name change please. Some proper gold there. Ten Daleks Underarm-Hold, Colostomy of the Futre, Pet Row Shrivalled Fella - fecks sake!!!
?

Red Rom

:lol::lol::lol:

Chairman Woodie

My guess (rough translation):

"SABU (who?) hopes promising child prospect Trent Alexandre Arnold doesn't go the way of many bright young things and young flops ("blunder kids"?) that ... have "held the fancies" [Examples] Anthony Le Tallec, Florent Sinama Pongolle ... Neil Mellor, John Otsemobor ... Andre Wisdom ...". (I don't know all of the list)

I have no idea who SABU is, but he/she has a valid point - if my translation is correct.

Update on the names:

"Annie Patchy Co" - Dani Pacheco;
"Bastian Lido" - Sebastian Leto;
"Genome Sink Lair" - Jerome Sinclair;
"Fatima" - Zack Whitbread.

I'm beginning to feel like Jean-Francois Champollion!

Last edited:
Reactions: Carolina Red

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Linnuden said
Don't know why they're allowed to keep signing players for such obsene amounts when they've got such debt.

Shite sport, shite club, shite manager. They deserve to be forcefully relegated to the Championship for financial cheating.
Defacto said
You are trying hard to be featured on Red Cafe aren't you
They are not all crazy over there.

Inter Yer Nan

Linnuden said

Defacto said

They are not all crazy over there.
Haha sounds like resignation now.

Funny how they can't understand how debt works and how profit works. Probably complains that a bloke living in a mansion is allowed to go on holiday whilst he's left sucking his thumb in his council house wondering how it's possible.

TsuWave

no "don't be fooled, this is the worst United side since the great depression" posts yet? :drool:

Bwuk

Another boring 4-0 win for hoofball United. 6th place beckons.

Paxi

Lukaku is Leroy Fer apparently.

4 goals in 3 matches.

Had about 6-7 chances.

Aye Leroy Fer is apt.

podurban2

They are not happy about today's line-up.

Is this the right place to come for a pre-match meltdown? Watching the end of the Utd game, and the strength they have, then looking at our line-up......we're light years behind them. I really worry for us this season if we don't bring some fresh faces in before the end of the month
Maybe you should post in Redcafe then?
:lol:

3 games in and the depth of our squad is already exposed. Laughable.
Whinging shit like this is just as annoying as the whinging shit going on about United - "Oooh, no, they won two games in a row against much weaker opposition!".
I can see them turning on each other if things don't go well today. There will be bans.

Paxi

The panic is creeping in. If they don't win today it'll bedlam down there.

bubbles_

We've played shite teams but they've had Watford and Crystal Palace to deal with. Be fair.

devil in me

Its a shame they got Palace at home today, probably the easiest game you could ask for. Anything half difficult wouldve resulted in a full on RAWK crash.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Its a shame they got Palace at home today, probably the easiest game you could ask for. Anything half difficult wouldve resulted in a full on RAWK crash.
Wind is 21mph in Liverpool right now...

Edit: also BLUSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.