Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Don't mind running it but would need some experienced drafters to help me out.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Shouldn’t need too much effort. Straightforward snake and standard reinforcement job.

Moby

Dick
Don't mind running it but would need some experienced drafters to help me out.
Sure, let me know if you need any help.

As Gio said, just lift the OP from an existing snake draft. Just need to decide how to formalise the 90s performances criteria. Back in newbies when we did the same theme we decided to have a minimum of 40 serie a apps to filter out anyone who has just played a single season. Beyond that we left it to the voters.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sure, let me know if you need any help.

As Gio said, just lift the OP from an existing snake draft. Just need to decide how to formalise the 90s performances criteria. Back in newbies when we did the same theme we decided to have a minimum of 40 serie a apps to filter out anyone who has just played a single season. Beyond that we left it to the voters.
Cheers mate, i'll PM you shortly.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
OP updated...

List of Drafts:

Draft I:
Cal?'s - New Fantasy Draft (Winner: Cal?)
Draft II: Polaroid's - Retro Fantasy Draft - all players born in 60s (Winner: Polaroid)
Draft III: Cal?'s - 70s Fantasy Draft (Winner: Cling Bak)
Draft IV: Polaroid's - Man Utd Legends Draft (Winner: DanNistelrooy)
Draft V: Brwned's - 50s Fantasy Draft (Winner: Brwned)
Draft VI: Polaroid's Premier League 20 Season Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft VII: antohan's All -Time Fantasy Draft (Winner: antohan)
Draft VIII: Theon's - Champions League Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft IX: Aldo's - Decades Draft (Winner: Theon)
Draft X: The Next Generation Draft (Winner: NM/Snow)
Draft XI: World Cup All Time All Stars Draft (Winner: Annahnomoss)
Draft XII: Aldo's - Sheep Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft XIII: Polaroid's - Transfer Muppet Draft (Winner: MJJ)
Draft XIIV: Annahnomoss's - Auction Draft (Winner: Cutch/Annah)
Draft XV: rpitroda's - Criteria Draft (Winner: Aldo)
Draft XVI: EAP's - Reality Draft (Winner: antohan)
Draft XVII: Annahnomoss's - Managers Draft (Winner: EAP)
Draft XVIII: crappycraperson's - British Irish Draft (Winner: MJJ)
Draft XIX: EAP's - Modern Era Draft (Winner: Theon)
Draft XX: Skizzo's - Second Sheep Draft (Winner: Cutch)
Draft XXI: Balu's - Euro Draft (Winner: Joga Bonito)
Draft XXII: Annahnomoss's - All Time Auction Draft (Winner: Cal?)
Draft XXIII: Skizzo's All Time Premier League Draft (Winner: Skizzo/Pat)
Draft XXIV: EAP's Chain Draft (Winner: The Stain)
Draft XXV: Aldo's 40s Retro Draft (Winner: Gio/Theon)
Draft XXVI: Gio's Third Redcafe Sheep Draft (Winner: Stobzilla)
Draft XXVII: Physiocrat's Billy No Mates Draft (Winner: Joga Bonito/Gio)
Draft XXVIII: Marty1968's Three Leagues Draft (Winner: Enigma_87/Snow)
Draft XXIX: Aldo's Reserves Draft (Winner: RedTiger/Joga Bonito/Balu)
Draft XXX: Joga's Remake Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft XXXI: EAP's Double Draft (Winner: harms)
Draft XXXII: Chesterlestreet's Americas Draft (Winner: Enigma87/Joga Bonito)
Draft XXXIII: EAP/anto's Las Vegas Monopoly Draft (Winner: Jayvin)
Draft XXXIV: Physiocrat's Surveillance Draft (Winner: Tuppet)
Draft XXXV: harms's Eastern European Draft (Winner: Skizzo/Annahnomoss)
Draft XXXVI: Stain/anto's Fourth Sheep Draft (Winner: Downcast)
Draft XXXVII: Annahnomoss/green_smiley's International Peak Draft (Winner: Enigma_87)
Draft XXXVIII: Sjor's Tactical Draft (Winner: P-Nut/Enigma_87)
Draft XXXIX: EAP's Reality-Monopoly Draft (Winner: 2mufc0)
Draft XXXX: EAP's 4-Way Draft (Winner: Tuppet )
Draft XXXXI: Physiocrat's Synth Draft (46-66 No Mate) Draft (Winner: Invictus/Theon)
Draft XXXXII: Tuppet's Dominoes Draft (Winner: Lord SInister)
Daraft XXXXIII: Green Smiley's 5th Sheep Draft (Winner: Indnyc/crappy)
Daraft XXXXIV: 2mufc0's 90's Serie A Draft (Winner: TBC)

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
So what's next? I can't play as I'm really busy this time of year but like following. Edgar's classic XI vs was an interesting concept.

If anyone is interested in the 25-45 No Mates draft I'll be able to run it in the summer or more towards September time

Indnyc

Definitely like EAP's classics XI concept.. I think it would be a good draft and i would love to be part of it.

Another draft idea that i was thinking was something like Academy XI.. I.e. Only picking players who have come through the academy for their respective teams.. For example; Wayne Rooney would be considered but only for his time with Everton.. Similarly Fabregas for Arsenal.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
If anyone is interested in the 25-45 No Mates draft I'll be able to run it in the summer or more towards September time
On a related note, a 21st Century No Mates draft could be interesting as well. A lot of post-modern players barely get their moment in the sun, so it would bring some of them to the fore, and unlike a 25-45 draft, you can rely on footage, comprehensive reports and detailed analysis rather than narrative or oral history. Some of the issues as regards the obvious Big-Two could be resolved by tweaking the criterion to: played in the Noughties and Twenty-tens but consideration for overall career peaks - which will make the pool both top heavy and fairly deep. Reckon the affair will be more inclusive and spectator friendly wrt. Average Joe Cafites as well - these drafts can be fairly highbrow at times.

idmanager

Think a draft with players who have never won a major International trophy would take away most of the usual names while still leaving plenty to play with.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
On a related note, a 21st Century No Mates draft could be interesting as well. A lot of post-modern players barely get their moment in the sun, so it would bring some of them to the fore, and unlike a 25-45 draft, you can rely on footage, comprehensive reports and detailed analysis rather than narrative or oral history. Some of the issues as regards the obvious Big-Two could be resolved by tweaking the criterion to: played in the Noughties and Twenty-tens but consideration for overall career peaks - which will make the pool both top heavy and fairly deep. Reckon the affair will be more inclusive and spectator friendly wrt. Average Joe Cafites as well - these drafts can be fairly highbrow at times.
Yeah you could definitely do that. Given the dates I've used it would essentially be a post-88 birthdate draft which would exclude Ronaldo and Messi. The No Mates Rule in this time period though will be brutal

Indnyc

Yeah you could definitely do that. Given the dates I've used it would essentially be a post-88 birthdate draft which would exclude Ronaldo and Messi. The No Mates Rule in this time period though will be brutal
This would be brilliant.. I am up for running the draft or helping out with running it

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Think a draft with players who have never won a major International trophy would take away most of the usual names while still leaving plenty to play with.
This is a really cool idea. Have to check the pool though if its not too top heavy as the first half of the draft will be dominated by Mighty Magyars, 70s Holland and 82 Brazil and the second half might have to drop a whole tier for their 1st round picks. Also there would be no other defender near Elias' quality so something to consider.

TRossManUtd8

Is this something that a newbie can be apart of? Been following the drafts and it is right up my alley. Understand though if I need to be patient to be included. Thanks

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Just thinking, wouldn't a post 88 birth pool be rather narrow as classic decades draft has all players at their peak but those born in 1998 wouldn't really have peaked until around 2028.

I don't like a time period as a peak as you get someone annoying debates as seen in the 90s Serie A draft

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Is this something that a newbie can be apart of? Been following the drafts and it is right up my alley. Understand though if I need to be patient to be included. Thanks
You can always sign up as a newbie - it's more of a free-for-all — first first come, first served signup - that's what the likes of @oneniltothearsenal and @Indnyc did at the beginning. Should probably post more often and make more like-worthy posts so some of the posting and approval restrictions are lifted, though. Maybe assist a seasoned manager at first so you're acclimatized to the process and in-game intricacies.

TRossManUtd8

You can always sign up as a newbie - it's more of a free-for-all — first first come, first served signup - that's what the likes of @oneniltothearsenal and @Indnyc did at the beginning. Should probably post more often and make more like-worthy posts so some of the posting and approval restrictions are lifted, though. Maybe assist a seasoned manager at first so you're acclimatized to the process and in-game intricacies.
Thank you for the info... I just joined a few days ago. I am working on getting my likes so I can be a full member. I am posting just my thoughts on how I feel about things and figured the likes will follow. Maybe I need to be more tactical and say things to get likes. LOL

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
As someone said above (and I've seen before), having a draft that doesn't start with the usual suspects would be a nice change and possibly get different drafters playing.

Such as players playing in the UK from May 1980 - May 1992 ....

A "Pre Premier League" draft but with focus on UK based players (NB - not necessarily UK players) so Div 1-4 and Scottish leagues but any nationality.

You'll still have some wonderful players.

(Edit - I'd volunteer to run it but would actually play this one)

Last edited:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I want to run a Auction Draft if there's interest.

Try to simulate actual club management. Somewhat standardized player values. Will try to test some form of trade between managers etc.
I would be in for this.

Indnyc

Try to simulate actual club management. Somewhat standardized player values. Will try to test some form of trade between managers etc.
This sounds interesting.. I'll be down for it as well

Moby

Dick

In.

Also as you are running it I expect a video of Gigi Hadid with Interstellar's score in the background in the OP.

That really is a surprising suggestion from you. :D
Aye, obviously more my era but wouldn't mean I can reel off 200 possible players off the top of my head. Just feel that that era/group of players (70s too) seems to get forgotten.... when the two decades include great Liverpool teams, great Leeds side, City, Forest, Villa, United, Arsenal and plenty of players dotted around.

Tuppet

As someone said above (and I've seen before), having a draft that doesn't start with the usual suspects would be a nice change and possibly get different drafters playing.

A "Pre Premier League" draft but with focus on UK based players (NB - not necessarily UK players) so Div 1-4 and Scottish leagues but any nationality.

Love the idea, run it !

Moby

Dick
Aye, obviously more my era but wouldn't mean I can reel off 200 possible players off the top of my head. Just feel that that era/group of players (70s too) seems to get forgotten.... when the two decades include great Liverpool teams, great Leeds side, City, Forest, Villa, United, Arsenal and plenty of players dotted around.
Aye, an excellent pool of untapped talent. What about 80s and 90s English top flight similar to the 90s Serie A though? A dash of Cantona and our quality team of the 90s, because why not.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Yeah that sounds great. Had thought about a 70s and 80s UK draft before which basically covers everything after the World Cup win up until the Premier League in 1992. Should be a good spread of quality across the board.

Yeah that sounds great. Had thought about a 70s and 80s UK draft before which basically covers everything after the World Cup win up until the Premier League in 1992. Should be a good spread of quality across the board.
That sounds fine too... basically (1) UK based, so we get away from the usual Maldini, Van Basten, etc picks and (2) pre PL to show that there was a world before SKY.

Give you the chance to pick people like Davie Cooper?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
That sounds fine too... basically (1) UK based, so we get away from the usual Maldini, Van Basten, etc picks and (2) pre PL to show that there was a world before SKY.

Give you the chance to pick people like Davie Cooper?
God yeah. Might just go full wayward maverick route, the leagues were choc-full of them then.

idmanager

This is a really cool idea. Have to check the pool though if its not too top heavy as the first half of the draft will be dominated by Mighty Magyars, 70s Holland and 82 Brazil and the second half might have to drop a whole tier for their 1st round picks. Also there would be no other defender near Elias' quality so something to consider.
Was actually thinking of blocking any player who reached a major international final.